• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let see your biggest carp!

wow, im lookin to start carp fishing. Im gonna buy a bow and reel for this summer.

BTW: How can you catch them? Ive tried everything and they arent interested. I live on a lake with some big carp.

Quote:

BTW: How can you catch them? Ive tried everything and they arent interested. I live on a lake with some big carp.

They might not be too interested right now due to the spawn. They have other things on their mind.

Generally, though, whole kernel sweet corn is a good bait. Use a fairly light sinker, and a pretty small hook. I usually use a 2/0 or smaller with a single split shot. thread corn onto your hook unil it's covered, toss a handful or two of corn into the area you're casting to, and hang on.

If they're feeding on the surface, try some dry flies. I use a small transparent float (for casting weight) about 18" above the fly, and it sometimes works.

Good luck.

Ben

I go 6'0" and about 250lb. The carp? Your guess is as good as mine. I pulled this one off the bottom of Green in Spicer,MN. I locked down my drag and powered the fish in using a heavy Fig Rig and 50# PowerPro. This tactic is highly recommended, but only if you're geared sufficiently, stretched out, and warmed up. My biceps were sore for days.

Big props to Fig Rig Custom Rods, a fine Minnesota rod maker out of Grand Rapids,MN. Also PowerPro, their braided lines have proven to be highly versatile and reliable. MySpace m_f5e232f709301d4e89b7c0cae38f2b74.jpg

LinwoodCarp600.jpg

I'm sorry I cheated, that fish was a breathing floater I pulled out on Linwood years ago, I've posted the pic before and thought it was 32#s, the other day I found the pic, turned it over and it was only 27#s. I did get one off my dock one day a couple years ago that was 17#s, cant find the pic.