• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dumb, meaningless, trivia

zamboni

The Snickers candy bar is named after the family favorite horse of Mr. Frank Mars, the company founder of M&M/Mars Candy Company and creator of the Mars bar.

DD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry said, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Apollo 11 landed on the moon carrying Neil Armstrong, Gaylord Perry hit his first home run.

Charles Manson family associate, and attempted assassin of President Gerald Ford Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was in a drama club in high school and was a close friend of fellow drama club member Phil Hartman, who was best known as a Saturday Night Live member and the voice of Troy McClure on the Simpsons. Phil himself was murdered by his wife, who was a Minnesota native.

Comedian Lenny Bruce joined the Navy and decided it wasn't for him, so he started dressing in womens dresses until he got a discharge and was the inspiration for Klinger on M*A*S*H

Michael Nesmith of the show/fictional band the Monkees didn't need to be on a TV show to be rich. His mother, a secretary was the inventor of Liquid Paper (white out) and was a millionaire several times over because of her.

Interesting note:

If an aircraft carrier got 6" per gallon of gas it would require almost 37 million gallons of gas to cross the Atlantic Ocean. That is also 221,760,000 pounds of weight.

by that math 1 gallon of gas weighs 5.99 pounds???? I guess I haven't weighed a gallon of gas but have a tough time believing it is almost 6lbs........I think there is something wrong in your math........

I am an ex-Navy Gunners Mate, that spent over a year living on a ship. Quite a few ships, and old submarines for that matter, are diesel/gasoline-electric. Meaning they do not always have to run on liquid fuel, but on battery power, depending on running on liquid fuel to charge their batteries, that would explain the weight issue. Like was stated earlier, there is only one aircraft carrier left that is not nuke powered.

The song Manic Monday by The Bangles was written by Christopher, an anonymous name used be Prince to conceal his identity. Another 80s song, Edge of a Broken Heart by the female glam metal band Vixen, was written by piano man Richard Marx and Fee Waybill, lead singer of The Tubes