• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sopranos final season??

eyehead

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOLLY GEE?? WAS THAT EPIC ENDING WORTH THE WAIT, OR WHAT?

Someone must have worked the writers and producers over with a bat before thay came up with this ending after all this time? What a wash!

Thats probably why the series ended, they couldn't think of anything anymore...sittin in a 50's cafe eating onion rings and getting a lesson in paralell parking...some ending! mad.gif

Unless somebody a lot smarter that me can explain it to me and show me the deeper meaning, I got to agree with everybody so far. What a downer. Are we all supposed to theorize what happens next in the diner? What was that guy going into the bathroom doing, what was up with Meadow and the parking problem? Then I thought I lost my signal on the cable and then the credits start rolling. What a giant turd sandwich!!!

Windy

Us to? My wife says, "Ooooh Noooo! What happened? Wait a minute, there must be more? " But there wasn't, that was it!

Like Windy said...are we supposed to suppose that this that or the other thing happens/happened because of what went on inside and outside the cafe? Then leave the loyal viewers with an ending like that?

They could have been one he11 of alot more creative then that, this is a gangster series for cryin out loud, not an opera where your left to make your own ending!

I thought our signal had gone out also. NOPE. Very weak ending to a great show.

Is this supposed to get the viewer to decide for themselves? Ok, I decide that the writers are (Contact Us Please). What a lame send off.

It was sort of dumb, but........

Anthony working for his dad's business associate......

The Journey song starting way before the very last 10 seconds like they always did......

Meadow and Anthony both getting new expensive cars...........

The guy in the members only jacket going to the bathroom.....

The two gangsters at the counter just before it goes black.....

Tony telling Carm who was going to testify against him in court......

Movie or another season who knows.......

Maybe a new series staring the kids.........

I read a review that claimed it was writing genius the way they ended it . I'm not sure . The claim is that it was life goes on for them as always . They ( the writers ) didn't want closure for the viewer and kind of wanted to leave you wondering the exact things you are . The guys coming in at the end , they guy in the bathroom , Meadows rotten parking . Even the choice of the song . It all has us wondering what would be next , just like the writers wanted . If you look at it like that I suppose it was pretty clever how they have kept us on the edge of our seats for something that will never come . Bada boom - bada bing . tongue.gif

yep, I guess that in the beginning of the episode, they flashed back to Tony and Bobby sitting in the boat, talking about what it's like getting whacked. Bobby told Tony "I bet it just goes black" or something similar.

and the screen just went black for 30 seconds when Meadow opened the diner's door.

Did Tony get whacked? Did they go on? I guess we'll never know. The more I think about it, I didnt want to see him get killed or go to prison. I guess I'm not even sure how I wanted it to end. So the writer's let everyone decide on their own.

I dont like it, was expecting something more (and have no idea what wouldve been better)

Quote:

yep, I guess that in the beginning of the episode, they flashed back to Tony and Bobby sitting in the boat, talking about what it's like getting whacked. Bobby told Tony "I bet it just goes black" or something similar.

I thought the same thing right away, but who would have had Tony whacked? I guess I was waiting for an ending like the one in Goodfellas, so I'm kind of dissapointed in that sense.

Wife and I were so ticked off after watching the ending last night. What a stupid ending to a great show. At least its not just me that thought it sucked.

big, your theory about the black screen has got me wondering now. When you die things go black. Did Tony get whacked? Dang it! I need closure grin.gif

At first I hated the ending. But after mulling it over for a while I am satisfied. Rather than having some big climatic ending they just made it seem like life goes on as ussually for the Soprano gang.

Quote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like the ending.

The audience gets whacked so to speak. I love it.

The ending was bad enough but the entire show leading up to the ending was terrible and disapointing to say the least.

The "everything goes black when you get shot" is the best theory we have I guess. I am frusterated with the ending and the entire final season, with all the loyal viewers they have I think they owe us a little more than this screen goes black leave you guessing stuff (like someone else said already).

I was hoping for a 5 year flash forward to show how the inditments - Carmela ending up broke deal came out.

The best part about the season finale is that I can now drop HBO and save myself $10 a month.

Hey the missing russian in the woods never came back.

Thats what we'er going to do also. The Sopranos and the free HBO boxing matches was all we had it for....with IFL Battle Ground, WEC Wreckage, UFC matches, Verses fight cards, World Combat leagues, and Friday Night Fights, on regular cable and network T.V., I guess I don't need the extra anymore.

I agree, something more was owed the loyal viewer. ESPECIALLY after putting up with a new season every 16??? mos, AND after putting up with this lame season. HBO should have been paying us for watching this year. I waited all year for something interesting to happen and we're left with this?

that being said, I'm starting think that I might like the ending. I'm not sure that I wanted to see Tony die, become a rat or go to prison.....and one of those was bound to happen if they had a real ending like we were expecting.

I never watched it from the beginning, and I can see why some people hated this last season, but to defend David Chase a little, I think he realized that there was no ending that would not have been considered predictable or cliche(sp?) with Tony getting killed or going to prison.

But I will also say that if the reason he left it wide open like that is so in a few years they can make a movie, that's pretty gutless.