• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who else on this site goes bowfishing

mjoe

My son wants to get into bowfishing carp this year. I had fun doing it growing up along the Mississippi back in the 80's. I would always toss the killed fish back into the water and let the current take it away. What do you do with the fish nowadays? We would be bowfishing from a boat. Do you bring a big cooler to toss them in?

I do a little bowfishing myself. the first fish I ever arrowed was 25 lbs. huge mother.

I go to school at UMD, and simply cant wait to hit the sucker run. MMMM smoked sucker.

as for what to do with them. smoke the small ones, the suckers are supposed to be great smoked, which Is what I plan to do this spring. For fish like gar, I leave them alone. I dont like to kill and waste.

a few good uses for carp if you arent going to eat them.

1- garden fertilizer. kepp the dogs out though!

2-give them away. after shooting them out of the river, lots of people will tak them, Ive noted that the europeans especialy love'em.

3-use them for bait in a crawfish trap.

4- stick them in your enemies car. great prank for the 1st.