• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgeon Spearing

DTro

yep, that thing was pretty cool!

Here's another one with a good ol chainsaw. I never realized they could use such a big hole.....48 sq ft shocked.gif

Cutting Ice

They used to have 100ft hole with 16 guys lined up. How much fun would that be!

I don't know boys, Poygan is 4 miles north of my house and guys around here are nuts! I call the sturgeon sh*t suckers because thats what they are. We had raw sewage in this system up until the 60's, these fish are over 100 years old when they get that big. Do the math, that thing ate toilet paper off the bottom of Winnebago for more years than I have been alive (36 years).

Everybody eats em' up and says they are good but I will stick with the old golden rule, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT and they eat [PoorWordUsage] so I aint eatin them.

Here is a photo of my buddy last year with a 72" 100+ pounder he landed on a swedish pimple with 6lb test. winnejeffstug016.jpg

HOLY MOTHER!

What a beast. That must have been a blast. How did he get it through the hole?

I have a feeling the elevator might not have worked on that onegrin.gif

Thanks for sharing that pic smile.gif

It took him about 45 minutes to play the thing out then I grabbed it and pulled it through a melted 10" hole. It wasn't easy, felt like it took a 5lb [PoorWordUsage] when I pulled her through. It was then quickly released.

I just lost a pimple to a huge one last week on a rock pile north of Oshkosh. They just speared a 111 lb prehistoric [PoorWordUsage] sucker on the same rock pile yesterday (I'll bet it had my pimple in its nasty fat yap)