• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CHOKE Catches up with the Bears!

buzzsaw

Finally their defense and special teams can't overcome GROSSman!! The Bears would have lost to the top four teams in the AFC easilly in the SB and the Saints would beat them five out of ten tries! Chance your avatar Windy!! Something with a BIG COLTS emblem would be good... maybe Commanche can do the same or was he routing for the Colts? shocked.gifsmirk.gif It's too bad there is absolutely NO joy in finishing second. shocked.gifconfused.gif

Yea,but even as bad as Grossman played I think he will still be the Bears QB next year.That may make some folks shake their heads but the team did get to the dance.Manning did an outstanding job once again and the Colts D played a good game,thats what it takes to win it.Bears or The pack should take the division again next year but how far that will take them,who knows?

Definite congrats to the Colts. Lovie and Tony are both class acts. The better team did win today, though it sure looked like the Bears were going to squeek it out in the beginning which would have been one of the biggest travestys in the game. They were out played on both sides of the ball. The defense finally cracked as GROSSman kept them out there 2-1 on t.o.p. and they were still within striking range with a quarter of the game left. I would have taken a Bears victory though it would not have been deserved had they won this game. Blame has to rest with GROSSman but also with Ron Turner, offensive coordinator who called a terrible game in my opinion.

Looking back at the end of the game, I thought to myself that this was the first time one of my teams was in a Championship and lost. The Bears in 85 won, The Bulls won 6, never lost one and The Sox won in 05, never seen one of my teams lose the big dance until tonight. Oh well, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks and this old dog learned a new trick tonight!

Windy

"Blame has to rest with GROSSman but also with Ron Turner, offensive coordinator who called a terrible game in my opinion."

For the most part I agree Windy. But add the defensive coordinator too if you need to blame individuals. "Hey, lets give Peyton Manning five full seconds in the pocket, and a ten yard cushion off the line of scrimmage all his receivers, on every play. I wonder what he'll do?" Did they watch any tape? You pressure Peyton, or you lose. Would the Bears have won? I doubt it, but I would rather lose being aggressive. That's how they got to the dance.

And now to collect all the free lunches I won this week. smirk.gif

Congrats to the Colts. And, like everyone said, both coaches are class acts and did a fine job this season. Bears got out played, and, sorry to say, Grossman is a mediocre QB, who's defense won games for him all season. He makes mistakes under pressure and it showed. This coming up season, he needs to make better decisions mentally. I'm sure he will be great. (us armchair QB's know all of this smirk.gif)

Fun game to watch.

I believe the BLAME belongs squarely on the COLTS!!! They are better all the way around, except special teams, and they finally took Hester out of the game. That evened that out . Their defense is better and their offense is........."lights out" better. grin.gif They were the class of the league this year, except for a little "hiccup" in the middle of the season.

They deserved it , and earned it.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C........

"da Bears"......STINK.

They had a horseshoee all yr, and IMO are the least deserving team to ever play in an SB.

Oh well, I can't say the Packers were the last team to beat the Bears this year anymore, but I did know it would be Indy.

MEMO: Uh guys, baseball in 2 weeks you know!

PS: Windy, how are Rosie and her sisters? Nyuk, nyuk.

I think Windy took the lose like a man. He wasn't making excuses. He said his bears were beat all around and the qb played horrible which he did.

If your making excuses your blaming the refs, the horrible calls, the weather and everything else but your team. You viking fans should know all about that. grin.gif

Glad to see Dungy win, hes a class act and deserved this after everything he went threw last year losing his son. To bad the spoiled brat manning had to get a ring though.

Quote:

I think Windy took the lose like a man. He wasn't making excuses. He said his bears were beat all around and the qb played horrible which he did.

While this is true Outdoor Ran, if the Bears would have won, Windy would have been up to about 60 posts since last night on this forum!! Not to mention Commanche Jim and MnWild would have been a lot more chatty!! It seems they've all gone into "Hibernation"!! Blah ha ha, I couldn't resist using Hibernation. shocked.gif

Quote:

Blame has to rest with GROSSman but also with Ron Turner, offensive coordinator who called a terrible game in my opinion.

This couldn't be closer to the truth!! I mean Indy holds the ball the entire game while the Bears defense is huffing and puffing, getting no breather at all... what does Turner and/or Lovie call on all those second down and two yards to go plays...PASSES!! Why in the world wouldn't you run the ball as it was working and it would have given their defense a breather! We were discussing this during the game all while waiting for GROSSman to throw interceptions, costly interceptions. Whose decision was it to stay loyal to him all year anyways?? I'm guessing the great Lovie had something to do with that... maybe he made a bad decision. I wonder who their starting QB will be next season.... grin.gif

Well, Buzz, at least until he breaks an ankle it could be ........

I LOVED your use of "hibernation". And I do not expect to see Windy engage in any banter. He's down and bruised, but I say let's hit 'em while he's down. Nyuk, nyuk.

PS No single person derserves more blame than another..the Bears win luckily as a team and they lose horribly as a team. The nerve of any fan comparing this Bear team to the '85 Bears...tsk, tsk. Kinda hard to "Shuffle" if you can't win the Prom Queen's "hand".

PPS Windy, now you can at least say that the Bears have lost just as many SB's as the Packers have.

As Windy likes to say...

I haven't seen a beating like that since someone put a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.

Anyone hear if Grossman went into rehab? He had to be drunk to play that bad. My fiance' was actually feeling sorry for the poor guy. Somebody mentioned Spergon Wynn in a earlier post or thread. I think old Spergon would be offended by that comparison.

Buzz,

I almost had a "grabber" when the (Contact Us Please) Turner called that play action pass. I mean, what gives, you just ran for 13 yards for a first down then run for 8 more and it is 2nd and a short two and what does the genius come up with...a play action pass that GROSSman gets sacked on. What a turd! I don't think you will see any excuses from this camp, although we did get hosed by the refs, the rain made the ball slippery, the sun was in our eyes, and Rex's dog ate his playbook. How's that for a few excuses, LOL

Windy

I don't blame you for almost throwing the remote or for kicking the cat or your pet bunny! Why didn't you watch the game at Commanche Jims restaurant? I assume it was filled with drunk Bears fans ready to do the shuffle '06 style. It wasn't a true Bears game until GROSSman threw the interception that was housed for 6! Then it felt like a Bears game to me.

It can't hurt too bad, it's not like anybody REALLY expected the Bears to win ya know... we'll except for MnWild guy, he was all over them... by the way, he hasn't taken his medicine yet today has he? I think Windy's getting alot of grief (as he should) but remember there are a few other "outspoken" Bears fans around here that need to eat crow pie. mmmm pie.

I dont know why they just didnt put Hester in as QB.It would have been alot more fun to watch.I still love my Bears but when things started to go wrong I had to laugh,it was horribly funny to watch Rex pannick.Im sure he will return next year,but the leash may be short.If the NFC doesnt step up the talent were not gonna see a sb winner for a longggg time.

I don't know about that Hooked. I cannot make myself sit and watch the BlackHawks no matter how poorly they play, who they are losing to, or how often they do it. The BlackHawks can't even win ugly....at least the Bears did that several times this season.