• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i finder power cord broke

Ryan_V

Question

My car adapter broke for my i finder pro.... I have old car adapters for my last like 4 or 5 cell phones laying around. the part that broke on gps cord is the part that goes into the lighter. if I cut another end off of a different unit and splice it into my gps power cord, will that work???

25 answers to this question

I don't know, I had a problem with mine and I took the plug apart and to my surprise there was a circut board inside. I assume it is for changing voltage. So I guess if you get one that is the same voltage it would work. Why not try and get a new one from lowrance to prevent frying the unit.

I have tried lowrance, but get no response. e-mailed them on monday and no reply as of yet. going to use the GPS for the weekend, so I would like power to run it instead of burning through batteries like I burn through beer!!

I e-mailed them a question not long ago and it took 2 weeks for a response (granted, this was over the holidays).

You'll be better off calling. You'll probably be on hold for a while, though. Might just have to suck it up and buy a new one if you want it this weekend.

still no e-mail from lowrance, so I called them and was disappointed to find out they won't replace the power cord, which is upsetting to me. I've had bad luck with Lowrance lately and might just get away from them completely. the cord that broke was barely used and they refused to help me out. I'm going to splice another end on it and hope for the best before I give lowrance any more money after the customer service I've received.

I just got a replacement cord for mine as my other one i think had faulty wiring if you live near white bear you are more then welcome to see if the old one i am gonna throw away will work, you may need a new fuse but other then that its yours if you want.

Rob

Quote:

still no e-mail from lowrance, so I called them and was disappointed to find out they won't replace the power cord, which is upsetting to me. I've had bad luck with Lowrance lately and might just get away from them completely. the cord that broke was barely used and they refused to help me out. I'm going to splice another end on it and hope for the best before I give lowrance any more money after the customer service I've received.

I would really, really make sure that you triple check that the plug that you splice it to is the right voltage. It's gonna cost you a lot more than $23 if you fry your GPS.

Quote:

I just got a replacement cord for mine as my other one i think had faulty wiring if you live near white bear you are more then welcome to see if the old one i am gonna throw away will work, you may need a new fuse but other then that its yours if you want.

It's an I-Finder Pro so depending on age it might be a different power cord then our Newer I-Finders but you could use the plug in end like you said.

If your dead set on fixing it.....it wouldn't be that hard to check the voltage coming out of the cell phone car cord.

May I ask what other problems you have had with Lowrance that has you so peeved? The GPS does require the volage drop to 3.5 volts to work without damage to unit. Only units similar to Accu-Nav, which is an old 6 channel gps, will work on higher volatages.

walldoggie...thanks for the offer, I'm an hour and a half or so from WBL. I'd still like it as long as you're going to throw it anyway, the end should be good. I'd send you a couple bucks to ship it to me. drop me an e-mail, maybe we can work something out. All I need is the end, as long as it's the same voltage as mine, it should work fine. thanks again. [email protected]

rob...I'll be out of town til monday the 15th. drop me a line and we can work something out for you to send me your old cord. if you want to call me, my cell is 320-223-0501

I have a 2.5 year old H20. I already sent it in over a year ago to have a small problem fixed. This past month I had another problem with my power cord or unit not working with it plugged into the 12V acc. I e-mailed them with no responce and then called the CS number in Tulsa Oka. They gave me a RA number and I sent it in last Friday. Yesterday I received a e-mail from the original saying the unit was out of warranty. I also called Tulsa repair dept with my RA number and they stated they already shipped a new one at no charge. I would suggest one call the Tulsa plant and explain your problem. They are very good and understanding to work with. They were jonny on the spot with getting it back to me also.

I'm having a problem with the cig light cord not working at all. While its plugged in it will still eat the batteries. I called the number on Lowrance webpage on 1/11 and I told them the problem that the cord wasn't working and with no questions they are sending me a new one. They didn't ask for any info off of the gps, I was a little surprised. Try calling them again.

Im not sure but I think that if you have batteries in your gps,the batteries will drain while your unit is plugged in to the power cord.Just take the batteries out when using the power cord.This happened to me on both my Garmin and my Lowrance.

My two cents about Lowrance Electronics Service: Its the worst both calling and e-mailing........I have called and e-mailed a lot of other retailers throughout the years and Lowrance is, unquestionably, the worst......

However, the Lowrance Color Expedition GPS is the best (with the Lakemaster chip)......

Service vs Product - you have to decide...........