• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice cleats and glo lights

GotOne

Tried finding old post on cleats w/o luck. What are the best cleats? If I remember someone made a knock off that worked pretty good. Also, little old camera that I use to flash my glo lures fell in the minnow bucket and died. What is the best glo-light, or is there a better choice.

Here are another pair that FM has under the gear page I believe they are still available. Icegrips I have had a pair for 4 years now and they are great. All metal nothing to wear out just don't forget to take them off when you go in the house or you will leave some serious marks :grin; blush.gif.

I've used a number of the cheaper ice cleats as well and have really fallen in love with the Stabilicers.

I have a size 10 boot and the Large size Stabilicers fit my boots perfectly. They don't slip, don't roll, and are very comfortable compared to some of the other cleats I've worn.

Since we have no snow on the ice right now, I've been wearing my Stabilicers every time out and don't have anything bad to say about them.

Yes, they are a little more expensive then most of the other cleats but well worth it in my opinion.

I like Yaktrak's Extreme. They slip over a boot and have a velcro strap across the toe. I can where them on any ice and even keep them on driving in my truck.

I have purchased similar, but cheaper cleats. They always broke. I had to repair them every time I wore them.

Wallabee

I think the answer you're looking for is the regular Stablicers.

I bought 2 pr of the Stabilicer Lite cleates with the stretchy rubber, used them for the first time yeaterday. They grip great on glare ice, but the rubber harness broke on one of my wifes already confused.gif

Gonna try the reg ones next with the hard sole and nylon harness.

Thanks all,

Bought the hard sole ones with the nylon strap. What about the light to "glo my lures"any suggestions? BTW, A buddy (Fishlips) emailed and said he uses barb wire, and duct tapes it around the boot. Not bad for a "big tall Norwegian".

Quote:

What about the light to "glo my lures"any suggestions?

I think any tazer will work alright. Lindy makes one, Custom Jigs & Spins makes one, Northland makes one, and I'm sure a number of other companies offer them as well.

To really get your lures glowing brite, some guys use a camera flash. That quick, bright flash really charges up a lure. Along with the flash, you can make a reflector out of aluminum foil to direct all the light at the lure.

I feel that the tazer lights dont have enough intesity to light up glow lures to there full potential leaving you to light up the lures more often. This is due to the led bulb not producing enough lumins. The flash camera works ok however they dont light a full lure completly it always leaves one side darker. I have field tested many lights to light up glow lures and all where hand operated. I have developed a new product that is just starting to take off, it is hands free and uses a 20 watt halogen bulb. I can not post any advertising info until my advertising info is complete here on FM. Good luck! DZ

Thanks all, It's too bad that my pocket camera found the water in my minnow bucket. I have another old camera flash that I will have to bring out. I remember talking to you guy's from lure lighting at the ice fishing show. Looking at your brochure as I write. Wish I could remember the price. How many can I get for 10.00? cool.gif

I would not recommend any of the tazers, or at least for the price that they cost. I have a couple of 8-LED flashlights that work really well. I also picked them up for 8-10 bucks. My favorite is a Dorcy (brand), and the other was from one of our fine sponsors here on FM...JR's Tackle.

For ice cleats I just bought a pair of the Boot Chains at Cabela's. Haven't tried them yet because all the ice went away.

For jig light I have a 1-LED carabiner/flashlight my mom picked up from the local High School fund raiser. the light came in a pouch with a pair of binoculars and an FM radio.