• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to this forum

I'm new to this forum but not new to the outdoors! (I got an 8-pointer opening day and a doe the 2nd weekend.) I like to fish if I have a resonable chance of catching something. If the fish aren't biting, I feel guilty taking the time away from my husband and kids. Does anyone else feel guilty fishing when there's laundry to fold?

Welcome to FM. I spend alot of time in the winter at ice arenas with my kids, coaching or watching. when an open day comes along i call my father or friends ahead of time and tell them I am going fishing. If they want to go they let me know and then I check with my wife to see if it is ok.

Alright she doesn't care if I go. Everbody needs some down time. You know venison sticks are real good on the ice. Good luck!!

Welcome to FM. I have the guilty feeling for wanting to go fishing when there are a million other things I "should" be doing. I didn't get out nearly as much this year as I did last. I put a zillion miles on the van this summer between running kids around, and going to meetings, etc. Supposedly I am a stay at home mom, and a farm hand, but I always seem to be running around. Doesn't make for good fishing conditions. I was skunked every time I went out this summer. The 3 nice largemouth I caught in Florida in Feb. gave me enough good memories, though.

I wouldn't have as big a guilt problem if my hubby liked to fish as much as the youngest daughter and I like to. Then we could talk him into going along, and we all would be taking it easy at the same time. smirk.gif

Let me ask you this. Do you know for sure you will be here tomorrow? Those daily chores will still be there when you get back, won't they? Go fishing once in a while. It's good for you. Maybe even consider taking the old man along. Don't worry about what tomorrow will bring.

Bob

Does you husband enjoy the outdoors? Even if he doesn't fish invite him to go along just to enjoy the outdoors. He is missing out on the quality times you and your daughter are having. Seeing your own daughter enjoying something that is mostly a male hobby is priceless. My daughter likes to fish when she feels like it. She usually likes to read while in the boat. When she does catch fish (almost always)she is so unassuming about it, but I can tell she is all giddy inside. Try taking a trip to a resort to get away from home. I put fishing ahead of some chores because of ideal weather conditions for fishing.

He just doesn't have the patience to sit around. We don't have a boat, so we find a dock, or good shoreline and fish from there. He would rather be doing something active, like four wheeling, or swimming. My father in law used to go fishing with hubby all the time, but now when we go, hubby cathches heck from his dad. Dad is an expert on guilt trips. Hubby used to only fish for walleye, but daughter and I pretty much like bass fishing. We have tried converting him, but it is a slow process! grin.gif

As we both are approaching 40 (fighting it tooth and nail all the way), we are realizing more and more how important it is to take time away from the farm to relax, even if just for a few hours. Hopefully that will result in more fishing trips this summer with all of us.

I am very new to this forum also! In fact, this is my very first post and it seemed fitting to post in the Women Anglers and Outdoor Women. I like to fish, ski and snowshoe during the winter and walleye fish in the summer with my husband. He posts all over on this site so I thought I'd like to be part of this too. I don't feel guilty about taking time away from my chores! We try to get out any chance we get(which is never enough frown.gif).

Welcome! I try not to feel guilty about leaving laundry unfolded and chores undone. What you have to do is find another way grin.gif

When laundry gets wrinkled from sitting in the basket too long, throw it in the dryer for 10 minutes and wrinkles disappear! You're good to go and probably had a nice day of fishing to boot.

My hubby is the fishing fiend, I'm usually just along for the ride, but he spends his winter weekends mostly on the ice and I can't begrudge him that. He works really hard during the week - we both work full time (and then some) and manage to raise a few kids while we're at it. Down time is essential to not smacking a boss or client or whatever. The kids will appreciate the memories of the fish house a lot more than the time spent folding laundry or vacuuming or whatever. They even invited me on their "men only" ice fishing trip this year. Personally, I think they want a cook and know I will bring along better food too.

Why feel guilty???? I only feel guilty ice fishing when the Mrs gives me the Godzilla lazer beam stare, and that goes away rather quickly.

I do some laundry but I'm not allowed to do it all. Apparently you can't put fluffy dark things in with white slippery things. It all looks the same to me.

I love it when the wife goes with me......somehow we never get much fishin done though grin.gif......and thats o.k. too, cuz we never get enough time together.....did I say the part about how she hates drillin the holes for me??

Welcome to the forum....I told the wife that if she'd like to post...she'd have to keep it to a couple paragraphs! I guess she won't be posting..... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Strikes me as funny, how many men are in here, nosing around the "Women Anglers & Outdoor Women" forum. Putting in their 2 cents on laundry issues too...
grin.gif

"You go girls!!"

I just thought "Apparently you can't put fluffy dark things in with white slippery things" was beyond funny! grin.gif Good one boiler.