• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L-A Plastics

hanson

Well guys...

I think this secret may be getting out a little bit. Gander Mt. in Forest Lake has Little Atom plastics in stock right now. I saw Nuggies, Wedgies, and Duppies in about 6 different fish catching colors. The bad news is I cleaned them out! grin.gif J/K, there are some left. Get 'em fast!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be stopping in Maple Grove on the way home. That location has challenges with in-stocks, so we'll see. Which ones would you recommned as being at the top of the list?

Well... I'm still experimenting so I don't have a "go-to" list assembled yet.

However, I really liked the Nuggie last winter. I had a couple trips to URL where a small jig tipped with a Nuggie is all that was required to catch them suckers. The Nuggie has a salmon egg shape with a tail. The salmon egg part gives you some extra "meat" to sink a hook into.

nug.gif

The other plastic I picked up is the Wedgie. The Wedgie is just a long, thin finesse plastic. All plastics from Little Atom are scented with a C9 Formula.

wdg.gif

For colors... I've always liked white and chartreuse. Those are good to start but I'm going to be playing with some Red, Pink, and other colors on URL as well.

Good Luck up there in Maple Grove. See if they even know what Little Atom is! wink.gif

I'll definitely go and pick some up. CALVINIST gave me one nuggie last season and I used that one plastic body on three trips. I must've caught over 4 dozen panfish on that one jig. One trip I outfished my brother 2 to 1, and he was using bait...

I picked some up at the Blaine Gander. I have never seen them before. They look awesome. I used the lindy glow tech plastics before and really liked them. These look better with more wiggle. Cant wait until ice.

This is true, I was just on just-fish.com and saw that no S&H for purchases over $50!

I'm in the market to upgrade my panfish arsenal this year and wondering what colors to pick up in the wolfram and optic jigs? I know I'll be picking up some white and bubble gum nuggies- those sure do look good.

However I'm not sure what jig colors to go with. I looked on line and tough to pick out what looks good, what doesn't. I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks!

I did well on the red/black, chartruese/green, optics last winter. In the nuggies I did best with white followed by yellow and then the bubblegum. Red did real well for me at times as well. The noodles and wedgies were hot at times as well.

First off, thanks again to Hanson for the info and the detailed reply with pics and all!

Well, as I suspected, the Maple Grove Gander did not have the LAs out, nor did they know what I was talking about. I like Gander, but that location does seem to be a "day late and a dollar short". Guess I'm off to Maplewood or Forest.

That's news to me it's been updated then because I haven't paid any shipping on all my orders yet. In the wolframs 4mm's and maybe 5's are good and for the colors I would get the wolfpack epoxy's and each of the glows for variety in epoxy. I think that glow wolfram with the bubblegum pink nuggie would look pretty good if I was a fish.

As I run to get some last minute beverages and pies for T-day I am going to also stop at GM in Maplewood for some to of the L-atom plastics to try this year.

I had succes with some of berkley plastics and also the plastic tails you find on the shripo's or ratso's that little tail at the end of tail can trigger some strikes.

Thorne Bros now has Nuggies, Wedgies, Noodles, and Micro-Noodles in a variety of colors. Certainly a top quality plastic in my opinion. The Noodles are great for both wacky-rigging and working areas where there's a sticky bottom. The Nuggies are a great all-purpose plastic for both bottom-hugging fish and suspended schools. And the Wedgies can also be thrown into that category as being versatile.

I've stocked up on pink, red, black, white, and glow in all four of the above mentioned. Going to put a whoopin on the pannies this week smile.gif

I added several as well in early in the year. I got out once last weekend but was focused on walleye so I did not try them and this weekend I did not get out. When I do get on a good sunfish, crappie, or perch bite I am definatly going to see how these perform againts live bait or other plastics.

I've been hooking mainly through the ball part of the body. This way you can position the tail anyway you want. It also allows for you to re-hook the plastic back on if it starts to get torn off from wear and tear...