• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My First Trail Cam Pics!!!

David Frank

I would like to send out a special thanks to all of you who helped me get my first trail camera set up. I couldn't have done it without you. Here are the results!!! There were many more, but these are a couple of my favorites. I will be after the big buck with the kicker on his right side.

240629418_fe45bf2a22_m.jpg

240629420_281158ce2d_m.jpg

240629422_5853f3001e_m.jpg

240629424_c00fcd3288_m.jpg

Dave

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw him about a month ago while scouting. Now, seeing him out of velvet makes me want to hunt NOW!!! In SD, our archery opener is sept. 23rd. You can bet where I'll be that morning given that the wind is out of the right direction. I will be after this guy with exclusively archery equipment. He is bigger than any buck I have ever shot... archery or firearm!

Dave

As Tyler stated, I live in NE SD. Tyler, if you don't think you can wait for the phone call on this one.. imagine how I feel. That bad boy is on my desktop full time. I just keep telling myself that no matter what, I have to wait for him... unless a bigger one shows up!

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who helped me get my camera set up.

Dave

I am not the most experienced at scoring deer. What do some of the more experienced hunters out there think this guy might score. I realize that without a full view of his width or entire right side it may be difficult, but i'm just looking for a round about score. Any possibility that he may make pope and young?

Thanks Again,

Dave

Well, assuming he is an 8 pt with that sticker on the right....

I have an 8pt that grossed 124.

Brow tines are nothing close to that deer. G2's and G3's look like they could be somewhat similar.

Spread appears that yours is outside ears possibly.

If I was forced to guess, I would say pushing towards mid 130's. Some different angles would help a lot.