• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arm Chair Fishin'

FRESHWATER PETIE

I use to like to watch Bill Dance till I talked to a lady who had rented her bass pond to him down south. In her words "not a very nice man". Thats all he seems to fish is little ponds loaded with giant bass. Not even close to real fishing. JMO

I like watching Realtree, Jim shockley, primo's and a bunch of fishing shows. Just about everything that looks real and not fake.

I watch the Saturday morning shows on OLN and FSN religiously. I seem to favor the ones on FSN because they tend to cover more local fishing/hunting. For example John Gillespie outdoors I watch all the time. A little forewarning on this show, you may have to turn down the volume if he gets excited (big fish). If you've seen the show you know what I mean, if you haven't, he likes to talk really really loud.

Gillespie... yeah he is a character, but a great fisherman... Just did another show with him here last week, will air this weekend. Definately a hoot to fish with!!! And to put a new show on every week, that is just amazing!!!

I like the fact that Gillespie puts a new show on every week. Although I don't live or fish in Wisconsin, that's about as up to date of a fishing show/report one can get. My ears do bleed a little when he shouts the same words over and over...."big fish big fish big fish"...."get the net, get the net, get the net" and so on, but I still enjoy his shows. Just have to put mental blocks on those loud parts. wink.gif

I don't get OLN, but I do enjoy watching Fishing the Wildside, Midwest Outdoors and the Lindner's show (like them the most).

Believe it or not....now don't anyone try to sneak up on me at night and kill me or anything.....but I'm starting to get a real kick out of.....Tred Barta! Please, don't throw any veggies....might break a window or hurt the kids!

It's humorous...at first I thought it sucked and then after watching it a few times, I thought, 'Huh?'

He does some weird chit, like killing a pig with a knife, works it all up to be something amazin and it turns out that 4 dogs are stretching it 4 ways from center when he makes his move...then he is all out of breath and stuff like he killed the T-Rex from Jurasic Park. Funny!

I gotta say, I remember when Tred Barta came on TV not too long ago. There were a couple threads at FM here that just slammed him and got the masses fired up to write OLN about how Tred is a "sportsman".

I've got to believe the message got through because I really enjoy his shows now. He does dramatize things a little but hey, its TV. The last show I watched was Tred hunting woodland caribou with a longbow. He didn't get a caribou at all during the show and thats what I like to see. Its just a real world hunting scenario that didn't result in a kill. Something I could kinda relate too!

He also did a seaduck hunt in the NE that I really enjoyed.

Yeah, I know about the initial threads....I was one of the nay sayers, but after catching a few episodes and seeing him get winded, act goofy, miss a shot, do some funny stuff, I thought, 'Huh? Maybe this dude ain't to bad after all?' Kinda like a regular guy....with a twist or two here and there.

Wasn't that sea duck show great! That was some nasty waves and rain! Stringing those deeks out look like a challenge.

One show of his, when they had to get in that survival raft, was really bougus. Man all he did was yell and scream!

Quote:

I'm not sure which outdoor channel it's on, but I like to watch Get Wild. If you have ever seen it you already know why. If you haven't seen it, watch it and you will know why. Woof!

The great African safari scenery right wink.gif