• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eastern South Dakota Pics (5)

Hi,

I just found this HSOforum and it is great. I took a few shots when I visited South Dakota last. Sorry that some are a little fuzzy, but I am learning.

Thanks for a great HSOforum - lots of great info, from photography to fishing.

Jess

pelican2.jpg

pelican1.jpg

pelicans.jpg

pheasantre8001.jpg

gopher.jpg

Welcome Rambis. I look forward to seeing more of your photos as you continue to learn. There's a lot of nice people on this site who like to share both photos and information, so I know you'll enjoy being here. Nice comp on the small pelican photo, and good job on the pheasant.

Too bad it isnt that green all over SD, you must have been in "Eastern South Dakota." Up here in Aberdeen we have it okay but everything west of here is terrible.

Quote:

What is that in the last pic? A prarie dog?

It is a Franklin ground squirrel. There are two or three species of Great Plains ground squirrels, and all are nicknamed flickertails because of their tendency to flick their tales when agitated. In fact, the University of North Dakota used the nickname Flickertails for its sports teams before later adopting Fighting Sioux.