• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike

Hey Matt,

Thats a nice fish your dad caught there. What it go for weight?

Oh....and Ryan, good to see ya on here. Welcome to the site.

The three of us are gonna have to get out again sometime.

Karl,

We figured it to be right around that 15 pound mark, but we didn't actuallu weigh it, so it's more of a rough estimate... and yes, the three of us will definitely have to get out fishing again...

^That is awesome i love catchin big fish on light stuff. Not to long ago i caught a 20 inch smallie on a 5 foot crappie rod and a mickey mouse real, i thought the thing was gonna break.

Ely- There is one in your back yard... and I am a little bitter about it.. Your paper up there has a big fish contest for the year... I caught a 50" pike a few years back and released it.. but only after I had 2 boats come over and sign a paper to verify... I had pictures as well...

The prize was a free fiberglass mount...

I was disqualified for releasing the fish.. LOL... no "real Proof".. caught it in your neck of the woods! Rymes with Schermillion! cool.gif

Deitz,

Thats to bad they didn't let you register it and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple more like that in "lake schermillion" Actually I don't even need to go that far. Don't tell anyone tongue.gif, but I was told by a good source that knows the dnr guy well, when the dnr trap netted Ely lake in 2004 they actually pulled up and quickly released a northern that was "definately a state record". But just remember, SHHHHHH. I don't want any extra compitition. smirk.gif