• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New question for the Archery Guys and Gals.

shae1986

I shoot a Mathews LX and I am planning on purchasing new arrows for this year and was wondering what people like to shoot. They will be carbons and if you want to know i shoot 70lb. The previous arrows, whos brand will remain nameless, didn't fly that great from my bow. They seemed to be inacurate even after fine tuning my bow. Also I am down to the remaining 4 and since i am going to purchase new arrows i though i would try a different brand. Thanks All.

Andrew Shae

I went to the Easton Axis last season and have been very impressed with the performance, not a full carbon but a hybrid carbon/aluminum giving you the durablitiy of a carbon with the energy of an aluminum. Very happy so far. Others will have differnt opinions however.

As far as your old arrows not performing. Did you have the right spine for the draw weight you are pulling?

I am new to the sport...but I do shoot a Switchback XT (70lbs) and have been using Gold Tip XT Hunters and they seem to be working just fine. My groups are tight enough at 20-30 yards that I destroyed the original fletching..and replaced it with Quick Spins...and they still are shooting just fine.

Good luck in your search.

Cliffy

Easton ACC are very nice arrows,but the cost goes with them.I shoot them now,but was shooting the evolutions and I believe they dont make them any more.They were a nice arrow and a little cheaper than the ACC.

Just make sure you get the right weight and lenggth arrow for your bow and draw.

You will probably see as many different arrows as you see replies.Ford verses Chevy deal.

I shoot the GoldTip XT hunters as well and have no reason to switch. Tough arrows and have never had a problem with them. As was already said, make sure you have the correct arrow for your setup.

I shoot Carbon Express CX with 100gr broadheads and the groups pretty tight on my 65lbs bow smile.gif. My brother shoot PSE carbon force and likes his groups too. Carbon is the way to go. You get speeds and energys if you choose the right grains. cool.gif

I shoot Easton ACC's out of my LX. I had a bunch of Gold Tips but when I bought my new LX they weren't the correct spline for my LX. I had some old ACC's laying around so I started shooting them again and they flew great.

Whatever arrow you pick, make sure it has the correct spline for your bow.

Often times its not the arrows fault... You most likely had the wrong shaft, not the wrong arrow company.

I shot the Maxxums this last year and was pleased...

As far as refletching, buy a re-fletching jig.. it can be a lot of fun, and you can customize your arrows.. I have a Bitzenburger.. and feel its one of the best jigs out there.

Well I went to scheels today in fargo and picked up a dozen 28.5 inch Easton axis arrows. I got some great help and realized why my previous arrows were not flying so great. I injured my back last year at work and i ended up cranking down my arrow poundage below the recomendation for my previous arrows. But now i believe i am set, thank you all for the expert information and knowledge. Good luck this upcoming season.

Andrew Shae