• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bruce Mosher/Today's Tackle

I spent yesterday in the Minneapolis Convention Center working with Bruce Mosher and Todays Tackle at the CSI Distributor Show. This was the first such adventure of anything near this size that I have been involved in and can say the experience could be addicting.

Bruce had a full selection of his products there and when a person stops to look at all of what he has brought to the fishing industry single handedly, you wonder how.

The time spent with him wasa treat. Stories shared, meeting people from all over this hemisphere and the laughs were just a small part of this great experience. To Bruce.....thank you for the welcome and the time!

Tom Langhoff/ JBLures was there and he is one super individual! I might add that his wife, also there, is just as super! Meeting the two of them has been a long time goal of mine and now I realize the wait was well worth it.

Michael Sheldon/Mr Twister,Exude, Mepps was also on hand and meeting with equally as rewarding. Somehow I visioned him as being much older, but in talking with him it became evident that years are sometimes a shallow unit of measure. Once again, it was great to meet with you and all you represent.

There were a couple other site sponsors there but I ran out of time and didn't get to meet with them. To those with whom I did get to share time, it was a great honor to have met you!

I had a chance to meet Bruce for the first time at the ice show a few weeks ago, and I'd really like to thank him for taking the time to speak with me. We talked at length about different options for permanent/portable house rod holders. He discussed pros/cons of each approach, and really was knowledgeable with different setups. I didn't end up purchasing anything, and found out later that my buddy lined his ice house walls with Rod Rocker 2's, and bought a few Ice Wells.

On a recent trip to Lake of the Woods, we were in my buddy's permanent, but were running out of floor space to move/manuever. We had one hole extra, so we dumped all the beverage cans from our cooler into the Ice Well, then down the hole, and threw the cooler outside! An unintended yet very beneficial use of the Ice Wells. Cans stayed very cold without freezing. Great product!

Joel

Joel, That's funny! I actually had a guy buy the 9" Ice-Well at the St Paul Ice Show just for that purpose - BEER. I tould him to also use it for fish and he holled back " I don't catch fish anyways!" I talked to a guy in Montana that has a 9" Ice-Well and he had a 44" Northern and a 10lb Walleye in the Ice-Well all day along with their limits and they all stayed fresh and alive when they went home.

I always enjoy talking to people at the Shows etc. You can learn alot from listening and brain storming! Bruce Mosher

I had the chance yesterday to get out and do some fishing on a local lake. Them crappies sure were finicky but by combining a couple of different things we were able to have a very successful day on the ice.

We located a school of Crappies suspend in 40 feet of water 4 feet of the bottom. Threw everything that we had at them and were unable to get them to go. After a ton of trial and error found that we could get them to come in while jigging a 1/8 Go Devil but they would just sit and look at it. Time to rig up the deadstick, on it went a Custom Jigs and Spins Ratso with a pink head and an orange tail suspended below an Ice Buster Bobber. The trick was to have the bobber trimmed level with the top of the water to ensure the least amount of resistance. They would come up from below and inhale the jig pushing the bobber just a fraction of an inch up out of the water. Very finicky....but once we had them figured out, it became almost easy smile.gif

Paul1.JPG

Paul2.JPG

Paul3.JPG

Paul, Good job! Most prople would have become discouraged and quit. Sometimes it takes awhile to figure them out. Sometime try and trim the bobber so it barely sinks your jig down through the suspended school of Crappies. If you watch your bobber slowly sink in the hole and suddenly stop - Set the hook - fish on! Good luck, Bruce Mosher

Received my order from Todays Tackle today and was truly impressed with the design of the ice well. It's going to be with me year round not just for ice fishing but attaching that puppy to my waders for wading eyes in the spring and fall. NO MORE FUMBLING WITH STRINGERS AN CLIPS. Just drop the fish in head first and velcro shut, simple, easy and the fish stays tight to the leg and not running around. The tackle pouches are perfect and instantly became a big hit with me. Looking forward to using the ice buster bobbers and the rod strap. The Moshers really delivered, not just product but how to sheets that were well thought out and easy to understand. Thank you so much!

Tim, I can already tell you that you will enjoy the ice well. I've used it a few times this week as a livewell while shore fishing, and it worked fantastic. Truly a great product. Thanks Bruce!

Musky guys can even use the Ice buster bobbers. I save all my trimmed off pieces from the winter and shove them inside my big plastic tube jigs making for one super sized floating lindy rig. This works great for jigging up or down the side off rock reefs. I always keep a couple ice busters in my tackle box for making my big musky plastis boyant. With the ability to trim, bend and shape them you can work them into a bunch off plastics.

And the Ice well is the only way to keep big suckers kicking in the winter. Either that or drag the air pump, big bucket, a couple packs of batteries for the air pump, and then baby-sit the bucket so they don't freeze.

Jon, I also use the Ice Buster bobber Foam for alot of applications to float products into the strike zone! Great Idea for the Musky set up. I've also used the Ice-Well this spring for river fishing. I put my Saugers and Walleyes in the bag - tie it anything stable and toss back into the water. Now I can't wait to use the Ice-Well for our secret little lakes we get into with a canoe. Toss it over the side and keep the fish Fresh! Have fun, Bruce Mosher

Bruce,

I was wondering if you make larger Tackle Pouches. I have some of the ones that are about 4" long, and I'd like bigger. As a catfisherman, what I'm looking for is something to wrap large no-roll sinkers (3-5 ounces) and keep them tight to the rod in transport so that the sinker is not banging into the rod, scratching and possibly damaging it.

To be clear, they wouldn't have to be longer, just wider so I can fit one around a large sinker and large rod blank.

I just ordered myself a 9" ice well for open water fishing as an additional make-shift livewell for the boat. I can see it working well while wading and/or fishing from a dock.

I also picked up a package of ice buster bobbers and glow night sticks in hopes of drowning them up at Mille Lacs this summer.

Today's Tackle really makes some outstanding products and I'm excited to put mine to use.

Ralph, I don't make any size larger of the Tackle Pouches yet. Sometimes I just put two Tackle pouches together to fit wider products in it. Maybe that will work for you. I just want to make sure that these things catch on before I make up wider sizes like you stated and also longer ones for crank baits. Maybe soon!!!

Tyler, The Ice-Wells sure work great for summer. Lots of applications for them. We just came back from river fishing with my son's and they were busy tossing some Walleyes and a few saugers in it and letting them float around to keep them fresh. Works Great! Have fun, Bruce Mosher

Today's Tackle!!!

Just want to mention how awesome those pouches work out on the open water for misc. tackle... It has saved me from spilling hooks/bobber stops/split shots/etc. It makes it easy to take care of the clients on guided trips when the pouches keep tackle organized and easy to access....

Thanks Again Bruce...

P.S. Bruce can you give me a call ASAP about shirts/hats...

Beef