• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cover Scents

Law Firm

Basically everyone uses some type of cover scent, especially for bow hunting. Just wanted to see what everyone's opinions were. Personally, I used Scent Killer for years and about two years ago I switched over to Carbon Blast. In my opinion, this is the way to go for a universal cover scent. I can't say anything bad about Scent Killer, but I have seen more deer, and closer, with Carbon Blast.

I have used Scent Killer-Autumn Formula exclusively for the past seven years with great success. However, next year I am going to try mixing my own scent elimination spray. If it works it will save huge money, about $4/gallon is about what it will cost!

I use carbon blast on my boots, scent killer on my jacket/pants/packs and equipment. I just don't like the black gunk that carbon blast leaves on your equipment or clothes. For the boots I don't care so much. For a cover scent if I use any it's usually fox on the boots.

I generally use Scent Killer. I've gotten bad & forget a lot though, if the winds right for my spots it usually doesn't matter, but I hunt a lot of field edges that are more predictable. I rarely use cover scent, but if I do I use coon urine.