• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CRAZY STUFF YOUR DOG HAS DONE!

HARPOON-OR-BUST

I'LL HAVE TO LET OUTDOORNUT TELL SOME OF MY DOGS STORY'S...

HERE IS ONE THOUGH THAT I CAN TELL. FIRST OF ALL I HAVE 4 1/2 YR OLD BLACK LAB I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN EXPLAIN HIS PERSONALITY THAT WELL WITHOUT TAKING A VIDEO OF HIM. WITHOUT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE THIS IS WHAT I WOULD SAY, HE IS SHORT AND STALKY ABOUT 80 POUNDS OF PURE MUSCLE. A HUGE BLOCK HEAD. KIND OF LIKE A JOCK AND ABOUT THE BRAINS OF A FOOTBALL PLAYER. WELL DURING A VISIT TO OUTDOORNUTS PLACE AFTER A LIGHT DUSTING OF SNOW, MY DOG, MAVERICK AND AT THE TIME I THINK OUTDOORNUT JUST HAD ONE DOG HIS 4 1/2 YR OLD YELLOW LAB, ABBY. THESE TWO WERE OUT RUNNING AROUND IN THE SNOW WRESTLING AND PLAYING STEAL THE STICK. NUT HAS A PORCH OFF THE FRONT OF HIS HOUSE WITH A DECK ON IT AND IT HAS A STORM DOOR THAT IS GLASS. WELL THE DOGS ARE RUNNING AROUND AND ABBY JUMPS UP ONTO THE DECK. MAVERICK IS ABOUT 40 YARDS AWAY AND SEES THIS (AND THINKS HEY I WANT TO JUMP ON THE DECK TOO) SO HE COMES RUNNING OVER FULL BLAST HITS THE DECK AND SAYS SH*T I AM NOT GOING TO STOP, LOCKS UP ALL FOURS AND PROCEDES TO SLIDE ON THE FRESH SNOW RIGHT THROUGH THE GLASS ON THE FRONT DOOR. GLASS EVERYWHERE. DON'T WORRY HE WAS FINE HE HIT THE GLASS WITH HIS BIG HEAD.

HE IS A GREAT DOG WITH A GOOD PERSONALITY I JUST HAVE TO LAUGH AT HIM ALL THE TIME!

How about the time (maybe a week later than the previous story) when Mav was out while I was snowblowing and the Grader came by to make the first cut down the street, when he turned around and was making the second sweep I was near the end of the driveway, as I stop to let the Grader go by I see the dart of Black going right in front of the blade, I see him go through the shoot, getting tumbled two or three times until he gets spit out the end of the blad. By now the operator has stopped and I'm out in the middle of the road yelling for Mav. here he comes bouncing (he thinks he is part Mule Deer) around the back of the Grader like he just got off a ride at Valleyfair. The operator and I looked at each other in complete amazment and then both laughed until the tears were freezing to my cheeks!

The showstopper has to be one of the best dog stories I have ever witnessed.

Duck hunting 03' South Dakota 5 guys, three dogs on a 1.5 acre island. Hunting was good and we were all standing around the sunny side of the island deciding what to do next and having a sandwich. Well one guy in the group is missing as he returns he is also missing a sleeve from his T-shirt (enough said) as we continue to B.S. we now have the dogs at "heel" and then it hits us.....this horrible smell. We all point to the last person to return to the group and warn him he needs to get checked out before he sufficates himself in his waders. He swore it wasn't him. As Harpoon is petting Mav. he get this warm, semi-solid, paste on his hand and now realized Mav. just couldn't resist the smell of the deposit left and wanted to cover himself in the remains. As we all made two steps away from Mav. Harpoon proceed to try and get him into the water to try and wash it off, it the madness Mav. proceeds to run back to the blind and sit in his spot. Harpoon made numerous attempts to get Mav. out swimming and finally got most of the matter off of him. We laughed at the expense of our buddy and his dog, then packed up and headed home for the weekend. All seemed to be normal until we got home and both decided to clean our guns before retiring after a long drive home, Harpoon opened his gun case to find that when Mav. went back to the blind he must have sat leaning against his gun. The gun had a very nice coat of our buddy's night of hot wing and beers! It was in the ribs of the barrel and everything! Gross!!

I miss Mav he was awesome comic relief!

LMAO! That [PoorWordUsage] story is classic. I had a dog do that one time in the mid 80's. She rolled in a gift my dad had left the week before. She crawled all over my buddy with that stuff caked in her collar. He was terribly hung over to begin with, and it made him loose what little breakfast he had left.

I currently have a 2.5 year old black lab, Nellie. She is petite for a lab, about 60 pounds, but solidly built.

Last Sunday, my wife had to make 10 dozen cookies for her cookie exchange at work. Well, she was running short of butter and green sprinkles, so she needed to run to town. About the same time, my 4 year old daughter and I decided we were going to go for a sled ride.

Nellie has the run of the house when we are at home, but we keep her in the laundry room when we are gone. We accomplish this with one of those kiddie gates. I assumed my wife put the gate up, and she assumed I put the gate up. Neither one of us did.

I got home first, and saw some garbage in the hallway. It was butter wrappers from the cookie making, licked clean. No biggy there. I walked through the kitchen, and there were cookies under a dish towel, so I assumed Nellie had been a good girl and not snagged them ff the counter.

Usually if you dont push stuff to the back of the counter, she'll snag it if she thinksyou are not looking. She has gobbled a whole stick of butter a couple times.

My wife got home a few minutes later, and asked me how many freaking cookies my daughter and I ate. "None" I replied. We both looked at the dog, and she had this sheepish look on her face. She polished of 24 good size suger cookies, LOL.

I figured she would have a massive bout of butt-gravy, but she never showed any discomfort of any kind. Labs sure have iron stomachs sometimes.

Two stories that come to mind. I have a 50/50 Black lab Chessie. She has been a great hunter and great "friend". We were at my mom and dads one time playing fetch. I was at the side of the house throwing the ball as far as I could into the park behind the house. Midnite would just haul butt after it like she normally does. This time though she ran straight into one of the cloths line posts in the back yard. Literally rang her bell! She got all stupid and howling and I was scared as he11 for a bit but she recovered and was chasing the ball again within 5 minutes. We were all relieved to say the least!

We discovered a couple of years ago that she loves to open presents! Just get her a piece of paper hanging out and she will do the rest. Grabs it with her front teeth, pulls it off, looks to the right and spits it out and then comes back for more! Probably one of those you have to be there things but it is just hilarious! There are a ton more, that is just the first two that came to mind. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

IT IS PRETTY FUNNY TO SEE A DOG OPEN A PRESENT, THE WAYS THEY TEAR OFF LITTLE PIECES AND SPIT THEM OUT! MY SISTER AND I HAD A DOG WHEN WE WERE YONGER HE LIVED FOR 16 YEARS. I WOULD SAY AT ABOUT THE 8TH YEAR HE UNDERSTOOD THE CHRISTMAS THING SO HE KNEW THAT HE ALWAYS HAD A PRESENT TO OPEN AND IT WAS OK FOR HIM TO DO THAT (THERE WERE ALWAYS TREATS WITH THE TOYS SO HE COULD SMELL THAT). WELL ONE DAY WHEN WE WERE HOME HE DECIDED TO OPEN HIS PRESENT AND A FEW OTHERS.

When I was in college at moorhead state university we lived right next to a church. Well we had a black lab named demon great dog. After a night of drinking we were watching sunday football when there is a knock at the door. The lady asks do you have a black lab to which we replied maybe. She says your dog is in the church. So we walk over and sure enough in the middle of mass demon is up next to the pastor. Well we walk in and demon will not come. So here is 3 hungover college kids yelling demon come in the middle of mass.

Same dog halloween weekend decides to eat a entire bowl of poprocks wrappers and all. dog was crapping white poprocks foam for a week worst smell and site ive ever encountered.

Adam

My wife has blessed our home with two Basett Hounds. Those little floppy clowns have great noses and the urge to hunt. The youngest, Katiebug, has her life's ambition to catch a squirrel. Last week, she treed two of them, one in a small apple tree and the other in a cherry tree about twenty feet away. She would bark at one and then run to the other tree and put her paws on the trunk and bark at that one. One finally jumped and ran for it, so she only had one to bay at. She wouldn't come in when I called her until I yelled the magic words,"PUPPY TREAT!"Which brought her at a dead run. She has me well trained. tongue.gif

good topic. let's see, the best ones are:

Both my labs fighting in the basement and crash thru a sheetrock wall. Nobody saw it happen but they both looked guilty when i got down there.

My black lab passed a dolls head in a stool. I wasn't even missing a doll.

The black one bit the insurance guy when he came in the yard to take pictures of the house for the new policy. He was suprisingly cool about it.

When I get home, I let my Lab out of his kennel and he gives me his "I am so glad to see you" greeting. Then when he sees me heading to the front door he will tear back into the kennel and go through his dog door that goes to his room in the house. Then when I open the door to his room he greets me all over again with a ball in his mouth. Then he will run to the front door to have me let him outside again. Never fails..it's nice to get such 2 nice greetings, but sometimes you just have shake your head. crazy.gif

"hooks"

I have two dogs, one is a springer and the other is a black lab. Hummm where to start, there are so many stories. The most recent, I was out in the yard, after one of the heavy snows shaking the snow from the small pines trees and to my amazement the lab walked over to one of the trees and nudged it with his nose and brushed against it to get the snow off. I just had to shake my head.

Christmas is always fun. The springer has always figured out the present thing. She will tear into her gifts and shred the wrapping. It is hilarious to watch. The lab received an extra large tennis ball, wrapped of course, he had no clue. He walked around the house with this wrapped ball all day long.

Those are a couple of recent ones but there are many.

Mike

I had a Malamute for several years and she was alwayse good for a laugh.

The wife and I received a red candle that was just a little smaller than a bowling ball as a wedding gift; it wes promptly eaten by the big fur ball... you do the math.

When we were first married, the wife and I lived in an apartment. One day the dog, not being one to turn away from a good hunt, went after a squirel that was on our window ledge and jumped right through the screen of our apartment; our second floor apartment... dog was fine, squirel never returned.

Once took a weekend trip to the cabin letting the dog run in the woods when we arrived and called her in after a half hour or so. About thirty seconds later I hear some serious thrashing in the woods comming my way and it sounded like a bear comming at a full run. Out pops the dog carying the frozen back/pelvic bone of a deer. She put her treasure down on the porch laid down next to it and looked at me as if to say "and you thought I was good for nothing"... boy I miss that dog.

A few years ago I had gotten 3 venison steaks from my parents. They were wrapped in the white paper stuff. I had needed to reorganize one of my freezers to fit it in. I had the three steaks in brown grocery bag, so I put it outside because it was January. Needless to say I forgot they were out there. I let out my beagle, and he was outside longer than normal for some reason, then it hit me. I opened up the patio door. Bag ripped open, all I could find was part of the paper. No steaks!!!! He ate them all!! What a treat grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

We have two labs beamer and mya. Beamer is a 6 year old male black lab and gets into alot of trouble. He does the usual dog thing of eating stuff off the counter. About a month ago he took down a dozen krispy kremes with no milk to wash them down, he does have a stomach of steal. Two years ago we switched from a fake christmas to a real one, the tree looked and smelt great but beamer decided to mark his spot right in the living room on the tree and on the presents. needless to say we have gone back to a fake. Mya is a female chocolate who is 2 and really hasn't caused much trouble yet,I will give a little time though. great stories thanks for the laughs...

A few years back I was out fishing with the family dog Stu(bichon/lasa mix). I was eating lunch and decided to move the boat. Set my sandwich down to pull up the anchor. Got the anchor on board looked down to see two pieces of bread sitting perfectly side by side. He was a low carb dog smile.gif

My GSP "13 weeks old" was curious what the tip ups were for, especially the hook on the line.

As I was preparing things for this weekend, I heard a loud frantic yelp. He had reached his head into the bucket of tip ups and became hooked throug his bottom lip. Needless to say, he didnt stay calm and ran off towards the bedroom bucking like a rodeo bull, pulling fishing line with him as he went.

I finally caught up with him, fought through the tangled line that was now wrapped several times around his body, grab his mouth, held it shut and thankfully the hook came out smoothly with no extra drama.

Dog is fine, I laugh about it now, but man what crazy few seconds that was.

I wonder if it had anything to do with me taking him to vet the same day, and the vet joking with me, that she didnt want to see my dog back there unless he needed a shot, (as if she knew something was going to happen to him.) Am I jinxed?

Maggie is almost 4 now and there are some many stories that I should right a book.

The first Maggie had to be about 4 months old. I was downstairs, I hear frantic shrieking from the wife and squeeling from Maggie, along with a loud crash. Thinking someone is injured I quickly head up stairs to find Maggie running around the kitchen with the lower tray from the dishwasher stuck on her foot. She had hopped in to the dishwasher trying to lick the dishes clean (such a helpful dog). Dishes flying every as Maggie tries to run away from the chasing dishes. After calming everyone down and cleaning the mess I was laughing so hard I was quickly told to just go away.

The second one was I took Maggie, Musky fishing. Every thing went well until the first cast. Maggie thought those large lures were training dummies and after every cast she would jump out of the boat and try to retrieve the baits. The day was not much of a fishing day, but quite entertaining to think back on.

I have a Yellow lab named Timber who is going on 4 years old. Like everyone else, there are so many stories to tell. Here are a couple that come to mind.

Usually when I'm home Timber is in the house as well. One day I must have fallen asleep on the couch. I woke up to a beer spraying all over the living room. It turned out that a trick that I taught my dog backfired on me. Usually she will fetch me a beer out of the fridge when I say fridge fetch, but I guess since she didn't have a hand to put the beer in, she must have dropped it on the floor.

I live in the country so it is not uncommon to see rabbits, squirrls, and an occasional pheasant outside. Whenever Timber sees something outside that she thinks should be dead, she basically goes into a seizure while standing with her nose pressed against the patio door. When the animal goes out of her view, she immediatley sprints into the porch and drags my cased gun to my feet and starts barking at me.

This is my first dog so I think that she has me trained as much as I have her. I just wonder what will happen next!

MR.B THAT IS A FUNNY DISHWASHER STORY!! I CAN'T IMAGINE IF I WOULD LET MY DOG IN THE HOUSE HE IS ABOUT AS GRACEFUL AS A COW ON ICE. I HAVE ALSO HEARD OF MANY GUYS TRYING TO FISH MUSKIES WITH THE DOG IN THE BOAT AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO GO VERY WELL!

I've got almost the same dishwasher story with my GSP. She liked to put her front feet on the door and reach in and lick all of the plates clean. I got home late so I'm upstairs changing out of my work clothes. I hear this huge crash and screaming to beat the band (wife screaming!).

I run down the stairs in my underwear to discover dog has dishwasher rack hooked on her collar and is in a complete panic. Pulling it all over the kitchen with plates and silverware flying everywhere while shaking her head trying to get it off. Finally broke off!

I have to admit it was hilarious watching that dog trying to shake that rack off of her head! Only one broken plate and minor scarring of children due to seeing dad in the kitchen in his underwear.

This dog also likes presents but likes to eat not open them. Girls fingernail polish and lip gloss are preferred if available. Makes for some sparkly dog leavings in the yard!

This morning while letting the dogs run by the pond my Weim took off after a top of a cattail that was rolling across the ice, I didn't think anything of it until I can hear her hacking. I look over and it now looks like she has a small fluffy rodent in her mouth, the more she tried to chew the more the tail was breaking apart that stuff was everywhere and getting worse. I finally had to stop her and scrap as much as I could get out with my hand. The closest thing to "cotton mouth" as a dog could get. Stupid dog! grin.gif

Had an Airedale who would sit like a statue while red squirrels gave her heII. When they got close enough it was one quick CHOMP and they were history.

Also had a dalmatian puppy that dropped a picture perfect pile of dog doo right on the top of my nephew's shoe as we stood talking.

The in-laws english setter has a habit of hiding things under the pillows on the beds in the house. So it's not unusual to find an old rawhide or stuffed animal under a pillow when we visit. But over the last month, Pepper has not once, but twice stolen a stick of butter off of the counter, and placed the warm mushy clump under the pillow of his master. Both times it wasn't found until the master had a couple hours of sleep on it. grin.gif