• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighting for portable

Dano2

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone.

I bought them and could not be happier. I was looking in the general hsolist and they would not come up. I will talk to the seller and see if he has more to offer. I will post here if he does.

Gus- I would still like to see pictures of how you wired your set up. I think I have a use for your creation as well.

Thanks for the help Deephole. I'll let everyone know how this works out.

Nitroant:

I had the curser sitting on the "buy now" tab waiting for 2:30. I was going to flip one over at $40 ($30 savings) and still have two that would have cost me only $30 total.

thank Boch he's the one who found them, I just gave others a chance before I grabbed them.

deephole

Deephole-

Thats true. Thanks Borch. And thanks Deephole for giving me a shot at them. I have e-mailed the seller to see if he has others he would like to sell. I'll post his response.

Can't wait to get it all set up. Got to get a few flange kits too.

Tightlines-

I would/will but first I need to see if I need 2 to satisfy the amount of light I need to see. Second a buddy of mine is interested in the set-up as well. If its available, your first on the list. It might be middle of next week before I get it and install it, so I will post or give me your e-mail and I will contact you once I figure it all out if that is O.K. I also hope to here from the seller to see if he has more to unload. He is out in CA.

That would be great if you don't use them. It's kinda funny because I was in the process of the buy it now and you were probably only seconds ahead of me. LOL O well, it's like I say, some days I am the wind sheild, and some days I am the bug laugh.gif My email is [email protected] BTW know anyone looking for an LX3 with the 3tc update? I got one for sale over on the for sale site here at FM..

No, No shadow shows. Just need to see if its enough light for me, I know you an other have said it enough, but enough is different for everyone.

The ones that Gus has I want to try in our hunting shack for some "task" lighting. We have no power, just gas lights and with lights likr this the 4:30 a.m. coffee guys can spare the rest of us from getting up when they want to.

Once I saw the pictures of Deepholes, I knew that is what I had in mind. I think Gus has a good creation too.

Tightlines- Sorry, been on both sides of the buy now option. It worked out for me this time. Your 1st on the list. I e-mailed the seller, if he has more available I'll drop you a line.

Have a good weekend.

Hey, if you're talking sales type of talk you'll need to take it off site or the for sale thread. You're crossing the line on forum policy.

BTW,

There's another set up already. So if you're looking for that style of light there are others. Plus, if you check his other sales there's a very simuliar light by the same seller. I'm sure it would do the job as well.

Borch:

I didnt notice the 2.5" X 6.5" Oval lights earlier.

Basicly the same lens size in a different formation.

I bought them quick. smile.gif

Also I noticed the seller must have come up with another pair of the Round 4" (54) LED after nitroant bought his. A new auction for them started right after he bought his it looks like.

Didn't even last 4 minutes.. mad.gif Doesn't matter. I got lucky and stopped by the flying J truck stop and they had 2 marked at 36.00 each. Bought em. I would by another set for my fishing buddies though. If ya happen to see em again let me know. Would be appreciated. BTW U have mail

You getting those Maxxima 4" (54)lights for $36 ?

If so there must be a tremendous mark up on them if your truck stop can let them go for that.

Saw another auction on HSOList with just the light (1)Maxxima for $70. Someone must be monitoring a run on these things.

Havent received no mail tightline.

If you want some light simple and cheap, I just bought a 6 ft led rope at Gander with 10 ft 8ft of cord with alligator clips to hook up to vexiler battery. I hooked up in a dark room and it gave off good light. I think for $9.95 I'm going to get a second set so it's really bright. For $20.00 I'll be set better than having a lantern.

WOW this post has seen some hits, talk about some good info, start with the first post and read threw once, WOW, Wish I had stock in LEDs, I was back to Truckers Inn tonight and they said they cant keep them on the shelf, there are plenty of amber and red but the white has a waiting list. I think the word is out grin.gif

I just replied again with just a test mail. Let me know if ya got it. These that were at the Flying -J were stuck behind some 4" red tail lights that were marked 36.00 Wonder if they marked em wrong. They were pretty dusty so could have been sitting there a while. They didn't have the metal mounting frame or pig-tails, but I wasn't using the mounting plate anyway. Picked up the pigtails for 1.50 each. I figured when I got to the check out that they would ring at 60.95 but 36.00 was it. I wish they would have had a dozen. Could have got some fellow fm members a good deal. BTW the Marcum is sold. Thanks

I am no electrical genius to say the least and have no idea about what I have done.I have spliced 2 of the back-up lights together and am pluged into 1 battery. I know that it will suck the battery down at least twice as fast being there are now 2 lights, but being there are 2 in line does it make it draw more than twice the power? The lights seem a tad warmer than when running just 1 set off one battery. Would I be better off running a seperate battery for each lite. I have a couple spare vex. batteries laying around anyway. Just wondering if I am loosing any brightness as well as the power issue. confused.gif

Explain what you mean by wiring them "2 in line"? You should just have the positive of the battery connected to the positive of both lights and then do the same with the negative. If you've ever wired up a pair of speakers, it's the same concept.

With two lights hooked up there will be twice the draw on the battery causing it to last 1/2 as long, but the brightness should be the same as long as the battery is good (both should have 12 volts to them).

Quote:

The lights seem a tad warmer than when running just 1 set off one battery. Would I be better off running a seperate battery for each lite. I have a couple spare vex. batteries laying around anyway. Just wondering if I am loosing any brightness as well as the power issue.
confused.gif

Well the lights shouldn't run any warmer as LED don't emit any noticeable heat to begin with.

An yes they'll draw twice as fast. But that'll still be for a very long time.