• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lighting for portable

Dano2

Gus-

O.K. thanks. I think I am following you. Wiring and electricity are not my stong points so I look forward to the pictures. I have enough to start gathering things now. I have some ideas how to make your idea work in my own house. I see superbright has some bulbs with like 24-30 individual bulbs, I assume this would work too and be brighter, or was there a possible reason you used the bulbs you have?

Thanks for your and everybody eles help. This is gonna work pretty good I think.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Wow...this is a long post. I skimmed through the whole thing hopeing to find something about a lantern shield/reflecter so a guy could hang a lantern in his pull-over style fish house without burning a hole in the roof. If this was already mentioned in the post I missed it. But does something like this exist? And if so, I assume they are at Gander or Fleet Farm? Thanks.

I know these rflect the light of your lantern. I think they also reflect a significant amouont of the heat down as well.

Fish Bright Reflectors

I know several folks here have used these over the years.

Gadgetman, yeah I just plan on using that as someone has already sugested that. They seem to be a little fragile, they are just a circuit board wiht leds on it, so I think the tube would be a good idea. From my testes so far, 3 of the lb1 bars will run just about forever on a vex battery. I have not used them in the house itself yet, but used them in a small room of the house and it lit it up well.

Deepholes:

I just wired up the maxxima 42450 52 led backup light like yours. I found one for 60.00 plus I had to by the pigtail for 1.50. Talk about a simple and easy set-up. I hung it in my house tonight and there is plenty of light in my otter and it is bright enough to tie knots. You are exactly right when ya set it is worth the money to you. It's the perfect setup for my needs. I also have had it on a 2 year old vexilar used battery that has not been charged in 2 years. 3 hours and still bright. Thanks for the tip......

Tightlines:

I'm glad your satisfied as I am and that I did not lead you astray.

I sent pics to hoggsback to post of my set up for others to see. I can never get pics posted right so hopefully he will to help others see how slick and simple this is to install.

Deephole57 that looks like a great setup! Simple but effective.

My lights are a bit different but I'm sure they'll work great. Once I get them installed and tested I'll post a couple pics. I think I'll do the toggle switch like Gus as mine are also high/low output set ups.

For anyone looking for more LED light option do a search for autoillumination. They must have 50 different options for 1157 led's alone. Also, check out the RV section for light assemblies.

Oops! Should have been auto lumination.

Could it ever be too bright? You can always wire it so you have a high/low if desired. Last year I used 12led bulbs and did just fine. The 19 led bulbs I went to this year is just a little upgrade. I have tested 2 of the 19 led bulbs in my fishtrap pro and it is definatley more than enough light. We plan on using 4 19led bulbs in a fishtrap voyager and I expect this to be more than enough as well. Half the time last year we just ran two bulbs in the Voyager.

Nitroant

The pictures of the light set-up are actually deepholes pictures. I do have almost the exact set-up. My light is the same but I mounted it a little differently. It is a maxxima back-up light with 52 white LED's. The part # I got from the truck dealer was different than deepholes number. The number I got from the truck center here in Fargo was M42450. Spendy but well worth it to me.

Tightline-

Pictures are Deepholes, I assumed yours looked similar. Well, since my Fargo friends didn't get me any tickets to the UND vs Gophers hockey game up there this weekend, I guess I am on my way to Stockmans down here since I can't find a better deal on the internet.

Thanks for the help.

GO GOPHERS!!! cool.gif

Suick:

Those (4") super bright lights only have 1/2 the LEDS compared to my Maxxima and don't come with the plug, groumet, or flange either.

Plus I can tell by design they are not built near as good.

It's all personal choice I guess but half price usually means something !! In this case its half the bulb cluster.

If you go on ebay right now there is a pair of maxima #M42450 for about the same as one at the truckstop with the shipping. I guess that would make it half price. wink.gif

Lots of other options there as well.

Borch is correct there are (2) identical to mine for $60 including shipping. The Metal "flange" dont come with them but getting 2 for 1 the flange can be bought for $2.62 at Allstate (Peterbuilt) in south St. Paul

Very odd to see these things on HSOList !!

Suick, I didnt take it as anything negative. We all do as we please but I didnt want others thinking they were getting the same light output and quality for half the price.

Nothing worse then being unsatisfied after the fact. I'm sure (2) of those superbrights would be great for the purpose we are all looking for.