• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LORD I HURT

Bassboy1645

missed a nine point buck last nite. 20 yards brodside, deer lookign other way leg forward. shooting lane as big as truck. dropped bow arm before arrow cleared rest and put it an inch lower than the buck. shook for three hours after that. couldnt breathe and swore i turned blue!!!!! biggest buck fever i ever got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I consider myself one cool cumcumber (except for when a girl talked to me and i wet myself) and let me tell you man, it happens to the best of us! I have missed muskies, missed bucks, missed rooster doubles etc that play over in my head and the only thing that makes it better is Milwaukees Best Light. Get well soon!

We have all choked. Just the other night I was in my stand which I set up in the same area every year, and I was thinking about the two bucks I have missed from that same tree, one about 10 years ago and one about 5 years ago, both real nice and real makeable. I was still replaying it over in my head. There have been other misses also, but I have yet to get over it even with numerous bucks being killed since then. All those experiences make us stronger and better.

Yes it hurts, and the memory will linger like a white castle afterburner, eternity. Ive missed my fair share, even choked on a nice twelve ptr last year that the neighbor got gun hunting. Like Stratosman says it makes us stronger and hopefully a litlle smarter. Hope the pain goes away easily for ya. gl

Hey, be thankful you made a clean miss!

Stickin him in a marginal spot and then losing him would be 100 times worse.

I lost a fawn last year on opening day and I was just sick about it. I went out to the same EXACT spot this year and bagged a deer on the second day of the season. All the while watching the deer come and replaying my mistake the year before.

My buddy has missed on 3 deer just this fall. He even got a chance to shoot twice on one of them. He is a far superior shot than me but I shot my deer.

The only thing I can say is practice how you hunt. Shoot form your stand till its a natural motion. Remember to practice a follow-through.

BLB is right on... Hitting one in a marginal spot and losing them is 100 times worse frown.gif

Had a beautiful 140 class 10 pointer at 16 yards. Thought I made a good shot, but somehow the arrow ended up high and forward. Hit the deer solid probably in the shoulder blade. Almost no blood and no trail to follow whatsoever. Spent 10 hrs x 4 people looking for that one, but he was not to be found.

That was Sept 30th, and belive me it still hurts!

It's just part of hunting, 2 years ago last day of the last turkey season I had a big tom roosted and he was gobbling to beat the band flew down and came right into the decoy, but I made to much noise and got my gun up late, managed to stop him with a put at 35 yards and then proceeded to think he was farther away and shoot clean over his back. I was shaking so bad I didn't even get up for about 10 mins, that was one big bird, woulda been my first one, felt like quiting turkey hunting after that year (because of that and a differnt mishap) I didn't though, Dad just told me to keep my head up I'd get one eventually, to bad this story doesn't end happy, the last years I haven't bagged one, but they have been some of my best times in the woods. I replay that bird coming over the ridge every day and i second guess myself still, but you can't get to caught up in the misses or you might never hit one again.