• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty cool story

DTro

I witnessed a pretty neat story over the weekend.

My younger cousin (28) was out bear hunting with another guy and his 12 year old daughter. My cousin was the first to get his bear. Not a big deal right? Well how bout this?

When he was younger, maybe about 4, he and his sister were playing in their front yard and a drunk driver hit them. Yes, in their yard frown.gif

Anyways, ever since then he has had limited mobility and somewhat mentally challenged. His dad is a major bow hunter and has shot just about every animal you can think of. My cousin wanted to be like dad, the problem was he couldn't pull back the bow with his right arm, due to the accident. He tried a crossbow, but it was still too much like a gun for him, so he taught himself to pull back the bow with his teeth, yes, his teeth!

He has now shot two bear this way and his dad was able to video tape each kill. Amazing stuff. I'm going to try to get a copy of the video and put it up on the internet for him. He told me his dream is to hunt with Ted Nugent someday grin.gif

Fantastic Story!

He should send the story and pics to UFFDA...United Federation For Disabled Archers. And I'm certain Ted Nugent would love to hear about this. I have customer in town who knows him personally...frequently emails, etc. I'll pass this story on and see if he can get contact information for you.

I just got an update. Seems that Terry is having a great year. He shot his first deer last night!

Also was contacted by Minnesota Bound, they would like to do a story on him.....stay tuned.

terrydeer.jpg

THis story was amazing and heartwarming. It is also very inspiring. On the story he said he wanted to be a famous hunter. He may not be nationally famous but he's famous in my world and he's my new hero.

I love the smile he has in every photo. This is how it should be. Every kill is a trophy!!

Great Story, thanks for sharing!!!

I bowhunt with a guy in a chair. I was hunting with him when I got my big buck this year which made it extra special.

A couple year back my buddy single lunged a big doe and I had to go into swamp after her. He was yelling at me (from the edge of the swamp) to give up but I wouldn't and eventually (after about 4 hours) I found the deer. I know he appreciated the effort and it made me feel good as well.

I checked out the link, I thought it was going to be a written story but it was a video, I decided to still check it out being deaf and I can't understand what they are saying but can hear their voices. That is pretty amazing that he can do stuff like that. Its great to see him part of the outdoors today. Thanks for the link. Too bad they dont show Closed Captions on the internet..

Thank God we live in the country and get free DVR with our Dish. We tape every Kare 11 newscast at 10 and I hadn't deleted this one yet. VERY cool. Ever thought of sending Ted Nugent the link? Or just letting him know about one of his fans who works so hard to do something he loves? I'm sure Ted would think the world of Terry.

I was finally able to get this video up for viewing.

This came to light again as Ted Nugent played a gig up a Fortune Bay this last weekend. An attempt for a meet and greet was unsuccessful.

Also I goofed on the year, it was 2005 and also the dog you hear is mine (I recorded a recording on my computer).

Anyways, here it is: