• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Happened?

toughguy

Hey what happened? This thread has been dry all week? If the options are large pics, or no pics, I vote for large. I have high speed and I loved the large, detailed pics. I didn't post many, but I loved checking this thread everyday at work. It was nice to see some birds and nature shots being that I’m trapped indoors all day. I'm sure that there are many others like me that don't have the equipment to take the great pics the likes of which guys were posting here but enjoyed checking them out often. We’re just about ready for the fall migration and some different birds. I would love to see what everyone finds out there this fall!! Keep ‘em coming.

TG,

I can only speak for myself, but I have been absolutely swamped this past two weeks with taking on a new role at work, and a completely different schedule. There was also the little deal we had here where I and a couple others made a few improper remarks and were--lets just say "delayed"--for a short time. I do not assume that your comments were directed at me more than anyone else who has posted to this board, but I appreciate the fact that you watch this board and enjoy the photos, and I appreciate your comments. Thanks. I will post some more as soon as I can, but with the start of the waterfowl season this weekend, there might be snow flying before I get too much more on here. I hope others will continue posting, and maybe even some new guys, as I too am a fan of this forum. Frankly I find myself missing some of the actual bird information type posts like Dotch kept putting out there. Anyways, in total agreement...keep em' coming guys.

Tom W

Thanks Tom! I too have been ultra-busy and all over the country the past couple weeks. Also enjoy seeing what everyone else is seeing, especially with high speed internet. Some of the pics you guys have posted are absolutely breathtaking. I promise I'll try to keep my column posted here as long as you guys don't complain. Someday, I may even learn how to operate a camera and post pictures. One thing at a time tho... grin.gif

Tom, I saw the thread you were talking about and now I understand the frustration you may be having. If we need a birding talk and a birding picture forum then lets split ‘em up. I don't know how to go about this so forgive me for making a suggestion without taking any action. Like you, I also enjoy both the pics and the bird talk. I just wanted to voice my opinion in favor continuing the pics. There were several guys posting here and it seems like a switch was thrown and the forum shut down. I've seen too many good forums such as these ruined by people leaving as the result of "silly arguments".

I've just recently figured out how post pictures and I will do my part and post any shots that I can come up with if they have any "decent quality". For the amount that I view it, I've been more of an observer on this site then I should be. I’ll try to make more posts myself. That being said, bird talk and fishing talk are two different animals (no pun intended). No one wants to give away or draw attention to their "honey holes". I don't, and I don’t expect anyone else to. I’ll occasionally post some tips or suggestions (if I actually know what I’m talking about) and that’s all I expect from others. That’s why I enjoy the bird watching and photo sharing forums. It’s just more honest, open, fun. Thanks again to you and all of the others keeping this thread interesting.

Quote:

Tom, I saw the thread you were talking about and now I understand the frustration you may be having. If we need a birding talk and a birding picture forum then lets split ‘em up. I don't know how to go about this so forgive me for making a suggestion without taking any action. Like you, I also enjoy both the pics and the bird talk. I just wanted to voice my opinion in favor continuing the pics. There were several guys posting here and it seems like a switch was thrown and the forum shut down. I've seen too many good forums such as these ruined by people leaving as the result of "silly arguments".

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Nothing is going away!! Don't want the posts to slow down at all. A simple suggestion that was not taken as intended.

I agree, keep the posts coming and let's move on.

I agree with BDR. All is well I know a few of us "regulars" have been busy the last week or so. It goes in waves and the pictures will be flowing again soon! I am usually pretty busy with my 2 1/2 yr old boy and 6 month old girl when the wifey poo doesn't have me on the honey do list.

Tom Wilson....you already know how much I enjoy looking at yours, and all the other pictures posted on this site. I sure hope you keep up the good work. PS. - I had fun this weekend. If you have time, e-mail some of the "dog in action" shots you took while we were out hunting. I'd be interested to see how they turned out. Joe Carlson ([email protected])

M.T. Bucket is still alive n' kicking. Honestly, I'm a student and I'm out enjoying this break between summer and fall terms. I occasionally lurk here when I shouldn't be, but I don't post much during the warm months when I'm working outside, camping, fishing, birding, & hiking as much as possible.

I've also avoided posting so I don't get sucked into the sheer idiocy and trolling going on in the political/outdoor issue forum. Once you start, you can't stop. I suppose my avatar might be trolling to a few of you. grin.gif

By the way, I've seen 213 species of birds on the year--209 in MN and 4 others in IL. My last finds were shorebirds too numerous to list here at Park Point in Duluth and the Embarrass rice paddies--it was my first trip there a few weeks back and they are incredible for autumn shorebirds!

question about doves. I heard they migrate in early september, but was not sure. I saw at least 20 doves in a group sitting on a power line just north of aitkin, were these birds migrating already? I have never seen more than two doves sitting together before this.

Knoppers...I've seen groups of doves before, many times down here closer to the twin cities. Seems like the only time I did see them in groups though, was closer to this time of year and into October. I always assumed that it was a migratory thing?

We do have some, one or two, here and there, that stay all winter, the same with robins. Must be because our climate here in Minnesota has warmed up a bit? Same with possums, you never used to see possums this far north.

Unfortunately I don't know any recipes (and if Mrs. Catfish knew it was dove, she'd clarn me over the head with my own 870) but when I lived in N.D. I had two or three different dove dishes at game feeds and such, and they were wonderful.

Toughest wingshooting I've ever had, by and large. Harder than a teal with a 50 mph tailwind, a pheasant that sheds shot like he's got Kevlar feathers, a ruffed grouse dodging the trees or a woodcock corkscrewing into the brush.

I need some new Picts.! Those of ducks in the decs. Would be prefered, if I could special order. My life is so frantic at the moment Duck hunting is a vague past dream that I miss bad! Any would be greatly appreciated! I am seeing a lot of Warblers, Juncos, Jays, and Wood Peckers at my feeders I'm greatfull for at least that at the moment. That maybe gone soon too. So I'm counting on you guys to keep me in sight of what all is out there. Pictures of the decoy spread, the trail you shot the grouse in, the birds you shot. I have dail up and it is worth the wait. So come on, POST SOME PICTURES! Thank you. grin.gif

I can't post any. I replaced my old Internet browser with a new one. The old browser allowed me to hotlink to photobucket. The new one won't, and I can't any longer open the old one. Well, I can open it, but it won't allow me to log into FM when I do.

Progress, they say, isn't what it used to be.

Guess I'll just not be posting images any more. It's really not worth all the hassle that's developed to do it. Since I'm working to make my living as a photographer, there's no percentage in fighting through all the roadblocks in order to post free images on FM when I can't even include my Web site.

See you all out there on the water . . . or the ice . . .

Bye now

Steve, I don't think your browser has anything to do with the hotlinking. Thats more to do with your host site which in your case is photobucket.

Don't know if they disabled that function or not. Give another host site a try and if all fails send them to me.