• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

McCants it is!

Pig_sticka

Watching the draft I couldn't help but get alittle pumped for next basketball season. I was really hoping for them to draft Granger though, but McCants should be good with KG.

The only thing is they are saying McCants cant defend well and we really dont need another Wally World. But maybe that will be an exit for Wally. Now if the wolves could only straighten out some of their problems we might be looking to go back to the playoffs. And also hopefully Hoiberg heals up because I really like him coming off the bench.

McCant's I believe is a good pick up. For a 2 spot at 6'3" I think he will be relatively quick and can shoot from all over the floor. Yeah the scouting report says he can't defend much. But McCant's is a HUGE upgrade from Sprewell.

Now we just have to address the rest of issues on the team.

100% agree'd. He is a great p/u for the Wolves and their needs. With Fred being out and Spree in limbo he will be a huge addition. This other post by Fatty07, thats just like me saying I am a huge Packer fan (well I am)and Darren Sharper is going to flop on the Vikes. Get past the hatred of NC because your a Duke fan and look at what he can bring to this team. KG and McCants will be a good 1-2 punch.

frown.gif I was really disappointed with the Wolves Draft. With McCants we have another "head case" with lots of offensive talent but one who may not be able to guard the top WNBA players and he only shoots about 72% from the Line (Brings back memories of J R Rider). With Granger, Wright, Graham, Green, etc. still on the board at the time of this pick I would have to give McHale a solid F for this choice. I'm not sure Bracey Wright was a good choice in Round 2 either, but talent was thin there.

Granger or Green would have been way better choices. The McCants pick have anything to do with Rex Chapman coming in just for the draft. I would not trust some guy to just show up right on draft day who has no contact with the Wolves and give him the right to draft players or atleast have a good say in it. Green looks great and everyone says he could be the next Mcgrady why not take alittle chance on that?

McCants might pan out though but I have heard the headcase remarks about him, and that doesn't seem like the right person the Wolves usually look for. Usually we pass on raw talent with head cases for maybe not as great of talent with their head on straight. KG might be able to settle the kid down though but if not that is a terrible pick. Just cuz McCants played on NC and was hyped doesn't mean you should have picked him that high.

Dont matter who the pick was. We have way too much baggage to think that a kid out of college is going to do anything for us. Spree is washed up- I think he had one dunk all of last year? John thomas on the team? He is a never has been. So on and so forth- We have got to look at making some trades with the only untouchable being the kid. There was talk of Jason kid last year- that would be great along side Garnett. And the candyman? you got to get rid of him- give him away if you can. I would take Rasho back over him. Who knowsa with mccants but it really dont matter with the terible pieces on this team

College players can make a difference, maybe not this year for the wolves, but just look at what it did to us for not having picks for the last 4-5 ? years.

John Thomas though I think is a good bench player. Sure he isn't a starter but whats wrong with a low cost player, that is a Minnesota star, and comes in and works extremly hard at what he does, doesn't mind playing 5-10 minutes at most a game. Granger or Green are the type of players to take over a team and they will probably show that for the teams they play for. Dunks dont matter for playing though, KG I think I heard actually likes being with Spree, for whatever reason I dont know. We need these younger players coming in that work hard, McCants I just dont think was that solution. Still pumped for the season though, I am a big T-Wolves fan even with all the dump going on.

True- Dunks dont matter but it shows where his athletic ability has gone- Thats too bad if KG likes playing with spree- Thomas a good bench player? True he might work hard but howabout someone with a little talent off the bench? A minnesota star? HMMMM

I believe I read somewhere that Spree actually had two dunks last year. Considering that most of his career he probably averaged pretty close to two a game I'd say that says a lot. I heard KG likes him too, don't understand that one, but maybe he's a fun teammate I don't know. Either way I still think it's pretty much over for him.

Star as in he played with the Gophs and is well known in Minnesota. I dont know about anywhere else though laugh.gif

He wont score 50 pts in a game but he does get rebounds and hustles. Would you rather have Thomas coming off the bench or a Spreewell, Candy, or no shot clock Hudson? Eh for the Wolves own good I like Thomas even though he is no KG or Micheal Jordan. And dont forget a few million cheaper than the 3 mentioned above.

I guess as far as the people you are talking about given a choice I would take spree or t hud off the bench. There has to be something beter than thomas off the bench or candyman even sitting on the bench

Not to sure about McCants, but I agree with most everyone that we have some serious team chemistry problems. Cassel and T Hud just don't get enough minutes to be happy, so one or both of them have to go. I find it hard to let go of Wally, when he's shooting 50% from the field. Spree is a has been, and a head case; get rid of him. If we get rid of spree, cassel, and T-Hud things will be a lot better. Ideal starting line-up would be KG, Wally, Hoiberg, a good center with the cash from the trades, t-hud or cassel or new guy. Hoiberg is the most underated player on the team, I mean the guy shoots %50 from 3's, plays great defense, busts his A**. IF he got 30 min a game, he'd ave 10-15 pts a game. Just my opinion on things.

Oh yea, never should've fired Flip!

Well I don't think you could play Hoiberg those kind of minutes consistently anymore, but either way after his heart surgery within the last week, it sounds like he's out until sometime in February most likely.

McCants is a great talent but a head case. I hope he can get his head on straight in the NBA but my guess is he gets his Millions and is out of the NBA within 5 years. Traded by the wolves in 3 years only because they always hold players too long.

Sort of reminds me of JR Rider. blush.gif

I sure hope he plays to his potential though. If he does he has All Star Talent.