• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallmouth Bass '05

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Fish, Riverwader.

Heres some lake vermilion Smallies my 7 year old pulled out with a senko. He does everything himself except tie on hooks and difficult hook removal. He actually fights me for casting spots!

biggiesmalls4.jpg

biggiesmalls1.jpg

Ely Lake smallie, also caught on senko....its all this kid talks about anymore, senkos, senkos, senkos...he woke up with a pack of senkos under his pillow last night cause he asked the toothfairy for them...boy was he happy.

ElyLake_2.sized.jpg

Me and Bailey went out last night for an hour to chase some Smallmouth Bass. We fished topwater baits for an hour and Bailey managed to catch this 18" Smallie.

baileysmallie51ql.png

The fish was caught with a Berkley Series One 7' rod with a Mitchell 308X Gold Spinning reel spooled with Fireline. The fish hit a Chartruse Skitter Pop and had 4 prolific jumps as she brought the fish in.

Good Luck,

Corey Bechtold

I hope to get that picture printed and sent to the ODN for the Rapala contest. She was pretty excited to catch that fish and also tired after she got it in! Gotta love those Smallies with shoulders!

Take care,

Corey Bechtold

You guy's and gal's Have posted some nice smallies here.

I am adding a picture of my first smallie. I cought and released it in the BWCA back in June. It was cought on a skitter pop.

June2005.jpg

Later,

Lights

here is a few pics from this evening. we caught nine between the two of us in about an hour. most were 16-18". we just walked along the shoreline casting topwater. we had three fish in our first four casts, including a double. it was a blast!

HPIM1118.jpg

HPIM1125.jpg

HPIM1124.jpg

HPIM1123.jpg

16" on topwater. Saw it chasing a frog about 20 feet away from our boat. The frog was jumping out of the water and so was this smallie. Pretty soon, no more frog. I pulled my skeeterpop right across the area I last saw the frog and WAMMO! That was neat.

ty_bass3.jpg

....It's just one of those days...

A simple spinnerbait - $4

Gas to drive to the nearest honey hole - $25

The look on Biglakeba$$' face when I hook my first 20" smallie that he cannot catch... PRICELESS!! tongue.gif LOL

669c4efe.jpg

BLB's fat 19" smallie (MJ style)..

54694e64.jpg