• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SNOW

kb1965

I put on a hundred miles this morning. It was ok riding and fun to get out. There is snow if you start to head north and east of brainerd. Trails are in great condition if you want to pile up to the lutsen/two harbors area. The people who really want to ride will find snow, not wait for it. I would rather drive 3 hours and then ride rather than sit at home on the couch.

I spent the weekend stuck in the house up in Crookston. Winter storm conditions for all of Saturday after the rain/ice/yuck happened. When it quit, I'm guessing 8-12 inches on the ground. The ditches had partially drifted full so there was more like 18" of soft fluffy snow in the ditches. I put on around 40-50 miles in the ditches around town before having to head back down to the cities.

If you are looking for snow, head north. NW part of the state has some pretty good snow cover right now.

Rode last thursday morning up in the spooner WI area. Put on about 25 miles before I got so wet I had to head in. The rain was freezing on my viser and snow was melting fast. By thursday night it was a skating rink. I am heading back up, but will have to trailer this weeknd farther north. We were supposed to get 7-11 inches sat night, but ended up with 1.5. Another fine prediction from the weather service. I think I will change careers...You dont even need to know what you are doing to predict the weather.

I started in Bemidji and went north, and made a big loop yesterday. Put on 130 miles trails were great and the ditches were even better. We went all day, first ones after the groomer and hit some trails that haven't been groomed or ridden yet. Plenty of snow. Was a great day.

Tell you guys what, the Arrowhead is stillholding the snow we got last week from Silver Bay up the Gunflint all reports I've gotten have been positive. The Lodge I work at took 30+ last minute reservations for this weekend in the past two days. I been looking out my front window and it's like a caravan of snowmobiles heading up the shore (Live on London RD) Check the DNR HSOforum for trail conditions

DNR Snowmobile Trails

just returned from the emily area, plenty of snow, and the trails were great. put on 110 miles, would have been more if it wasn't for the ski-doo with us that broke down. but a good first ride of the year. plan on getting out every weekend now untill its no longer rideable.

The Voyageurs Nat'l Park/Kabetogama/Ash River area has about 18" of snow on the ground and it's snowing heavily now, 1/9/05 at 3 pm. All area trails are groomed, (even the Arrowhead), lakes are marked, conditions are GREAT!

Hey All, Let It Snow is right, the northern MN trails are excellent riding, It sounds like everything North of Cook has a 15-20" base now. Take a look at the trail system and all the connections that you can make from the trail system at Kabetogama, Ash River, I.Falls and etc.

The lake system of trails will blow you away, great riding and safe, the National Park service stakes the lake with color coded stakes so you know where you are.

The conditions up here in the North are the best of seen in many years. Good luck, guts P.S. no crowds like are Eastern neighbors

I was in Hill City Saturday and put on around 80 miles. Trails were mostly in good condition, and running lake Pokagomon (Sp?) was great. There was a few rough spots in the high trafic areas getting into the trail system, but for the most part it was good riding.

Like the previous post, here we go again. Once again, up here at Kab/Voyageurs National Park, we picked up 5 more inches with a little more expected. We now have a 22" plus base, and the land trails are excellent. Dress warm for the weekend and come up to some of the states best trail systems. guts

Thats great to hear you guys are getting good snow again. We will be up there in a month or so, can't wait!

Are we going to run into any ripped up trails like we did last year when they were logging?

Mike

MNMike,

Good question, but I'm happy at this point to say I am not aware of any major logging operations invoving the trail system. Last year was terrible, and very little snow to repair damage, this year is great!!!! LOL guts