• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cold weather coming in starting sunday night!

dojigger

This is hardly what I would call "makin' ice" weather.

DOUGLAS-S. ST. LOUIS/CARLTON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DULUTH...SUPERIOR

528 AM CST THU DEC 9 2004

UPDATED TO ADD ADVISORY

...FREEZING DRIZZLE ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST...

.TODAY...CLOUDY. AREAS OF FREEZING DRIZZLE AND PATCHY DENSE FOG IN

THE MORNING. A CHANCE OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND LIGHT SNOW IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS 30 TO 35. EAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. LOWS 25 TO

30. NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY...SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF LIGHT SNOW IN

THE AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4 INCHES. HIGHS 27 TO 32. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH.

CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 17 TO 22. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO

15 MPH.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN...

LIGHT RAIN OR LIGHT SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS 30 TO 35. SOUTHWEST

WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF LIGHT

FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW. LOWS 20 TO 25.

.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.

HIGHS 27 TO 32.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 10 TO 15.

.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 22 TO 27.

.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 7 TO 12.

.TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 25 TO 30.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 13 TO 18.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF LIGHT

FREEZING RAIN MIXED WITH LIGHT SNOW. HIGHS 28 TO 33.

I've had one eye & ear glued to the weather forecasts for weeks now. I still don't think it looks good. The split flow of the jetstream has the arctic air locked way up into Canada still. But I did hear one of the weatherman say Christmas week, it could be 'fierce.' I thought that was the word he used. Sounds like when the cold comes, its coming down hard. grin.gif

I don' know about the rest of you but I live in Minnesota because I enjoy the 4 (FOUR!!!!!!) SEASONS! I'm sick of spring & fall taking over the year and leaving no time for summer & winter. Who likes 40 degree temps anyway? Somedays I don't know which jacket to wear, my warm one or my cool one. grin.gif You can't even call this winter yet. My gut feeling is the Twin Cities won't even be able to maintain any snow cover this winter. I think I'm getting cabin fever already. Yikes!

Forecast for my area...Wadena...is calling for a high today of 33, and a high of 32 on Saturday...other than that, its all highs in the mid-to-upper 20's with lows in the mid-teens. That sounds good for ice, but the forecast is also calling for some snowfall on a couple of different days...and that is not good for the making of strong ice. That's according to weather dot com.

We'll get there...

Weather.com and AccuWeather forecasts are definitely different. If you look at the extended forecast they are anywhere from 2-10 different on the low temps., I'm hoping AccuWeather is closer to being right, they're showing colder temps. by Thur. 16th.

Ole

I know everyone's getting nervous about the warm weather and no ice. I have put a permenant fish house 8'x10' and 8'x12' out on ML since 1978, the earliest that I can remember getting the houses out was Dec. 11th. Many times it's the 17th - 22nd and quite a few the day after Xmas. So let's keep our fingers crossed that we get a cold snap that starts in the next 5-10 days and we'll be real close to the average time out.

Ole

Good Point Ole,

Every year it seems like it gets later and later, but in reality it's usually pretty close to the same date. Though I can remember about 4 years ago I was out fishing on a lake in Chanhassen the day after Thanksgiving, which may be my earliest for a long time!

Well this has to help out with the cold to finanly set in becasue yesterday i finnaly just took my auger out of storage blush.gif and pulled and pulled and the poor thing wouldnt start...took it in and he said it wouldnt be done for another couple of weeks mad.giffrown.gif

Hey people it's making ice up here! confused.gif Unfortunately it's on the roads 30 degrees now and upper 20s at night. Light snow now that is sticking to the roads so it will be nice & compacted and slippery. Rained yesterday so every thing was a sheet of very slippery ice. Forecast sounds terrible for making ice for the next few days. One day we'll wake up to -53 shocked.giflike last winter.

Can; get here any to quick to suit me,talk about cabin fever, I think I got lodge fever waiting for good ice, Jason at Sportland bait, I meet your dad 30+years ago when he was just a pup, quit a guy, always tried to help you out with the best fishing lakes in the area.good place to stop when your in Brainard smile.gif

I'm still fishin the ice has deteriorated but is still walkable. Am looking forward to the single digits predicted tonight. It looks as though next few nights will get down to single digits. BTW my homade portable withstood the 65 mph gusts we had no damage and never moved a bit. grin.gif