• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moss

james_walleye

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone knows that Moss is the greatest player to ever take the field.

You're joking right? The game has a Hall of Fame full of players that Randy will never surpass...and I mean NEVER! He's a born loser...

Ole told me to grow up, so I tried to appease him. Of course I was joking, Randy still has a lot to prove, both on and off the field.

I think some of you packer fans are confused about who you are talking about. Through the first 6 years of every single NFL recievers career, Moss has the best #'s of them all. Yes, better than Jerry Rice and better than the packs best ever Terry Glenn. He got hurt this year so he will probably drop off after this year but I would expect him next year to have another great year.

Owens may have a better year than him this year and I say he probably will win a ring, but I would never take Owens over Moss.

Announcers say a lot of things, they can have their opinions as well. I think someone else pointed out that the announcers once said Jeff George was the best passer ever, is that also true.

Best thing I have heard from an announcer this year is "Hey Nick(Barnett) you are down 35pts, what are you celebrating?"

mjr

don't concern yourself about what barnett did, his dad passed away 3 days early and was feeling the pain.

moss is the best QB you guys have had since, well culpepper!!

i thought the packers play calling was bad, the vikings take the cake right out of the oven. lets see, 3 weeks in a row they play teams that were shredded by the running game the week before and they put the game in the hands of moss, wow!

i'd be calling for tice's head too!!!

I did not know about Barnets dad, apparantly neither did the fans at the game that were booing him. I do not understand how these guys can play at all after something like that. Jackson from Seatle his dad died sun morn and he still played. Nuts.

I have liked Tice from the beginning and I still do, I think he would be best for our team if he were still the line coach. aaaaaaI need a hug duuuuhhhh.

Culpeper completes 70% of his passes, Moss has not thrown 7 passes. It makes no sense. Same thing the week before when they tried to have Russel throw it. With as much talent as they claim to have on offense it is amazing how bad they are.

Fair enough Tom, point taken. After the last two weeks I'm about as numb as last year's loss to the Cards. In a way I'm kinda glad they lost. At least now I can relax and not worry about them anymore. And I'll get my deposit back on my pair of playoff tickets.

I think I could go fishing now. Problem is, I know I'll go crawling back. I'll be spending Christmas Eve with my in laws in South Dakota, all of them also rabid Vikes fans, so we'll watch the Packer game and then look forward to next year (oh yeah, and Christmas).

How did I get this horrible attitude?! Humbug!! grin.gif

Moss is now tied for 8th all time with a hall of famer with 88 td receptions in almost 7 seasons. Prove what? That he can average 100+ yds and 2 tds a game against the pack for a career?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone knows that Moss is the greatest player to ever take the field.

You're joking right? The game has a Hall of Fame full of players that Randy will never surpass...and I mean NEVER! He's a born loser...

Ole told me to grow up, so I tried to appease him. Of course I was joking, Randy still has a lot to prove, both on and off the field.

Bottom,

The quote you originally responded to referred to Randy as a football player. If he is a born loser what does that make all the Packer receiving record holders he has already surpassed or is on pace to surpass? He has already surpassed many Hall of Famers careers at this point. The only thing that will stop him will be a career ending injury. Do you want to make any wagers on how many Hall of Famers he will surpass? How much you got?

I agree he needs to prove something off the field. I would say from what I have seen this year, he is come a long way. Not much left to prove on the field. Can't you acknowledge talent whether or not he plays for your team? I know that since I was 8 years old I was mature enough to admit that players like Sharpe, Farve, Churmura, Brooks, Lofton, Freeman etc... were great players in their day, even though I wanted them to fall flat on their face every Sunday.

Oh yeah, why does every announcer, coach, NFL analyst say he is the best or second best (TO) receiver in the game if he has so much left to prove. Are you a better talent scout than they are?