• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rock-N-Reel Tub Mounted model... Who's got'em?

Moose-Hunter

Howdy All...

I just became the owner of a Otter Lodge. (Thanks Paul! grin.gif ) I was shown , by an expert, how to truely outfit a portable, which included these Rock-N-Reels... Sort of like a rattle reel gizmo (not a rod holder) that mounts to the lip of the Otter or probably any other sled.

These things are slick!! An I need a pair!! In all my excitement with the new house and all the good mojo that came with it (Thanks again, Paul!!) I forgot where/who I should contact to get these little buggers...

Paul, if you're out there, or anyone for that matter... Who's got'em?

Thanks...

I love my tub mount rock n reel. Its easy to put on your house and doesnt take up any room. I have a RR on 1 side of my guide and a Otter holder on the other. Im jigging all the time and deadsticking with the RR. Great investment.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I know what the Rock-n-Reels are and they are an awesome deadsticking tool. However....

I've never heard of a tube mounted Rock-n-Reel or are you talking about something completely differant.

[Edited: Sorry, I now assume you mean tub mount Rock-n-reels]

For light biting fish they are verrry niiice.Makes the slightest bite detectable.

I have two tub mounts for the shak and two stand alones for "trolling".

Tom is a great guy and will treat you right.I would make sure you get the real deal and not some copy of his idea.

I have the tub mounts and the stand up models. I also will give a thumbs up to Tom's product. Using this set-up combined with a deadstick rod has increased my walleye percentage big time. You just can't beat the sensativity you get from your rod on those late season lite biteing eyes picking up a dead-stick minnow rig.

How do I find you on hsolist?any stores close to IA. ?I am going to Devils Lake in smile.gif Jan. so looking for hot jigs for jumbo perch.Last time there used Hali and onknown spoon.Any help would be great so anyone reading this jump in with ideas or jigs to use.Thanks for any help.ICE JOHN

IceJohn-

I'm heading to Devils Lake for a 4 day weekend early December. Yikes, less than a month away already. Where did time go!

Anyway, there are plenty of options for Perch lures out on Devils Lake. Custom Jigs & Spins tackle, Genz worms, Lindy Fat Boys, etc. I also picked up some tackle from Islander Lures, looks like it'll be very effective out there. You can also use jigging spoons such as the Kastmasters, Buckshot rattles, Hali's. Another tactic is to take your spoon, remove the hook and tie on a short mono leader of about 2-3 inches and retie on your treble or a small jig. You'll then have a spoon with a dropper line. The spoon creates lots of vibration & flash to attract the Perch, but the smaller bait on the dropper is what the fish will take. You can also use dropper lines off of Salmo Chubby Darters & Jigging Rapalas. You'll want to cut the front & back hook off of a jigging rap so your dropper line won't get snagged on it.

Waxworms, euralarva, minnows, minnow heads, & perch eyes are all effective baits also. Perch eyes are legal in North Dakota.

You also don't need a license for your shelter.

Drop your question into the North Dakota forum. There are some knowledgable people that occasionally post. Jeff Dosch has been some good help to me over the last couple years. I'll keep you updated as to how the trip went, that is if there is ice grin.gif