• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheel house bathroom question - separate exterior door?

mnbuckhunter

image.png.87912fb4270d2bd5fb98303df40dddb1.png

This is still your layout correct?

First off... Are you really sure that you want to go direct vent instead of fan force? Don't get me wrong, they are nice for simplicity and electrical usage - but are no comparison in comfort (and before someone chimes in, yes - I have one of each in both my house :) ). If you went w/ a 20k ducted fan forced midway under your sidebunk you could run your ducts like this...

image.png.e291f872ec2e1f14f5e566881a79ea10.png

Otherwise if you are completely set on putting in a direct vent, I would suggest moving it to the passenger side "V" and putting your door in the side just behind the "V".

4 hours ago, rl_sd said:

This is still your layout correct?

First off... Are you really sure that you want to go direct vent instead of fan force? Don't get me wrong, they are nice for simplicity and electrical usage - but are no comparison in comfort (and before someone chimes in, yes - I have one of each in both my house :) ). If you went w/ a 20k ducted fan forced midway under your sidebunk you could run your ducts like this...

Otherwise if you are completely set on putting in a direct vent, I would suggest moving it to the passenger side "V" and putting your door in the side just behind the "V".

Yeah I've gone back and forth and have decided I really want to try the direct vent this time. I've been playing with this SketchUp a little bit. Now I'm thinking since my tanks are on the passenger side I'll think about something like this:

image002.png.7325646d8cb179cf72c8332a2401ccab.pngimage003.png.c45ee145fad5042ab492a9d1a960af08.png

My biggest concern here is the door opening towards the vent exhaust. ?? 

I went to the middle of the house at the point where the V starts with my stud wall and then straight back to the tip of the V. It leaves plenty of room for the bathroom and the tv then got built into the wall and doesn't stick out. This isn't the best picture and tv is not in the casing but you'll get the drift. As far as the gas line goes I have about an inch or so to the floor beneath my door so it just runs along it. The door is open,and it is straight in the real world_bad picture. The direct vent heater works as a great glove and hat warmer/dryer too. Here's a door spring idea that is quiet, no swinging spring.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Door Bungee.JPG

Edited by Hawg

On 7/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, mnbuckhunter said:

Yeah I've gone back and forth and have decided I really want to try the direct vent this time. I've been playing with this SketchUp a little bit. Now I'm thinking since my tanks are on the passenger side I'll think about something like this:

image002.png.7325646d8cb179cf72c8332a2401ccab.pngimage003.png.c45ee145fad5042ab492a9d1a960af08.png

My biggest concern here is the door opening towards the vent exhaust. ?? 

I really like this layout! I’m hoping that you are doing spray foam on the walls? 

Mnbuckhunter, yup, just a light bungee w/o hooks. I had a spring and it drove me nuts. Even when the wind catches it it stops the door softly, just be sure you get the light, not stiff, bungee. Sorry, shows how much I check PM's. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, Hawg said:

Mnbuckhunter, yup, just a light bungee w/o hooks. I had a spring and it drove me nuts. Even when the wind catches it it stops the door softly, just be sure you get the light, not stiff, bungee. Sorry, shows how much I check PM's. 

Genius of an idea that I'll be stealing!

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

Looks great! What material did you use on the walls behind the stove and in the bathroom?

The red aluminum sheets I got we're 10 ft long so I had a bit left over after cutting them down for the exterior. Figured I'd try and repurpose some of it.

6 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Where did you get the folding bunk brackets and what was the cost? 

Pleasureland RV surplus online. They were like 250 a pair which seemed plenty to me but they're nice. I've seen them now occasionally on face book marketplace that people pull from their houses and they're usually cheaper so if you have the time you could probably find a cheap pair on there. 

59 minutes ago, mnbuckhunter said:

Pleasureland RV surplus online. They were like 250 a pair which seemed plenty to me but they're nice. I've seen them now occasionally on face book marketplace that people pull from their houses and they're usually cheaper so if you have the time you could probably find a cheap pair on there. 

Wow, dang. I need 2 sets but $500 a bit more then I want to throw in my hunting trailer.

11 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Wow, dang. I need 2 sets but $500 a bit more then I want to throw in my hunting trailer.

I hear ya. I couldn't find any at the time so choked and went with it but keep an eye out and you can find them around. Most of the time as the whole bed.

3 hours ago, mnbuckhunter said:

I hear ya. I couldn't find any at the time so choked and went with it but keep an eye out and you can find them around. Most of the time as the whole bed.

200 lb max right?