• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Idaho Bound-elk

We leave in 7 hours for a back country hunt in Idaho.  Mother nature has already thrown us a curve ball with the weather...we've decided to change our route and head down through South Dakota and across Wyoming.  Staying in hotel tomorrow night in Donnelly, Idaho then up the mountain Sunday morning with almost 2 full days to scout before the season opens Tues.  After having huge success the last 2 years in Montana..I'm going in with expectations of having a wonderful adventure and any game taken will be an added bonus!

2 hours ago, Abndoc said:

we've decided to change our route and head down through South Dakota and across Wyoming.

Safe travels to you and good luck with your hunt. I90 west of Chamberlain was no travel advised as of this morning. Hopefully conditions improve before you get that far but that can be nasty stretch of road with any snow and a lot of wind.

Wow!

That's why when my wife says have fun hunting honey, I say it's Not fun!  ?

It's an Adventure!!   ?

Old Indian saying.  "Only White man put his Tepee by dead tree!"  

Edited by leech~~

You guys are super lucky to be alive.  All the early snow out west made elk hunting tough this year.  

I do DIY elk hunts most years.  I recommend you consider using an Eskimo/Clam popup ice house for camp shelter before buying a wall tent.  This year we used an Eskimo 6120i with quilted walls, it was great.   Can also set up cots and sleep probably 3 adults out of it.   Last year we used the 4-sided larger quilted Eskimo popup, which was OK for 2 adults to cook/relax in but a little tight with all the cook gear we bring.