• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moms

Nothing like a mom. I never feel ashamed to say I'm a momma's boy. Mine lives with me and still going strong at 74 yrs old. Like anyone at that age she has medical issues, at thanksgiving I had to get her breathing again before the medics got there, she had a pacemaker put in and going like nothing ever happened. Even after dad passed away 3 years ago she still sits in the car for 1,100 miles each way to go fishing with me at Lige of Riley Resort every year and sits in the boat for 10 to 12 hours a day usually out fishing me which she never forgets to tell everyone. I thought it would be tough loosing dad as my fishing partner but I think mom will be even tougher when she passes or can't make the trip anymore since I'm a momma's boy. 

Edited by Coffee118

Very nice tribute to your Mom, LeechLake.  Kinda funny, My mom is like yours was.  The family sports nut! My dad could care less and is usually reading or out in the shop building something.  My mom is watching the game with the TV on mute and listening to the radio simulcast because she can't stand the national sportscasters.  Yes, she yells at the TV and has been known to throw a pillow or two when the Vikes do bad.  Sometimes she knits while watching and I keep my distance.  No telling what she'll do with those needles when AP fumbles. Blessed to still have her and my dad around but they're certainly not young anymore -- at least on paper.  But both are still very active and in good shape. I dread the day we have to say good-bye to either of them.

1 minute ago, lovebigbluegills said:

Great stories guys- LL, nofish, coffee, and TL.

If you're lucky enough to have one or both of your parents still around, ask any questions you have for them while you can. That would be my advice- I couldn't tell you how many times I've wanted to ask them something.

x 2. They're gone in a minute when you least expect it. No second chances. You'll live with that forever.