• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chicken

You may say it doesn't make any difference, but I've always sprayed every inch of my chicken parts (thighs, wings, drumsticks)  with cooking spray, then put my seasonings/rub on. I never have the grill over 350*, either, and my chicky always turns out nice and moist. Like Blackjack says, i watch mine every minute too...5 mns too long and you've crossed that borderline. I make and use all my own rubs, but I can't get away from buying this for the chicken...I love the stuff. :P

13478907?wid=480&hei=480

I think Blackjack and Reb make a good point here.  On the grill, it's important to watch what you are cooking with a lot of meats and poultry.  I do also.  Heck that's part of being out there and having the cold one.  The smells that the grill gives off ect.  I love the whole deal from starting the charcoal to the finish.  Even put the tube smoker in there at times for some extra love.  Love the way Blackjack has that kettle set up with the drip pan under the birds and the heat flowing around it.  With the smoker I don't watch it as much because I'm dealing with lower temps but I do peek here and  there.  Great season coming up.  good luck.

If you are able to keep the breast meat to like 160 or even 150, brining not so important.  On the other hand, depending on the bird, it can be hard to do that and get the dark meat cooked enough.   Or if you are doing the boneless skinless thing, it can be tricky to not overcook them.  Brining gives a little safety margin so if they cook a little too much they don't dry out.  

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

You may say it doesn't make any difference, but I've always sprayed every inch of my chicken parts (thighs, wings, drumsticks)  with cooking spray, then put my seasonings/rub on. I never have the grill over 350*, either, and my chicky always turns out nice and moist. Like Blackjack says, i watch mine every minute too...5 mns too long and you've crossed that borderline. I make and use all my own rubs, but I can't get away from buying this for the chicken...I love the stuff. :P

13478907?wid=480&hei=480

I don't think I've ever seen that kind before!!! I only have about 8 other McCormick flavors (love the Montreal steak seasoning on steaks) I'll have to find this one and try it.

For chicken I alternate between the Montreal Chicken and the Herb and Garlic mixes, they're both good.

9 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Great stuff...just a bit of a kick. been using that for about 3  years. I'm hooked. New version looks like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10308026?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227010251342&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40890261872&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=54663725376&veh=sem

#%*&%$ Walmart!:P:grin:

Blackjack I have a Tor rey meat grinder. Model no. M12FS  3/4 hp all stainless steel.  I'ts designed for restarant use or home use.  Have even seen them in meat departments years ago for small amount grinding such as if a custumer wanted a couple of roasts ground for example.  You don't have to grind chicken twice.  Once is enough.  It pushed the breasts through very quickly.  I'm going to be doing this more.  I'm thinking of getting me a grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid for things like this so I dont have to clean the bigger grinder always and keep that for sausage.  good luck.

"Hi, my name's Smurfy, welcome to Walmart!!" :lol:  So you don't accuse me of hijacking the CHICKEN thread, you can tell those people you greet this joke: 

"Why don't chickens wear underwear?"  "Because their peckers on their head!!!"  *BAAGAAAWK*

1 minute ago, RebelSS said:

"Hi, my name's Smurfy, welcome to Walmart!!" :lol:  So you don't accuse me of hijacking the CHICKEN thread, you can tell those people you greet this joke: 

"Why don't chickens wear underwear?"  "Because their peckers on their head!!!"  *BAAGAAAWK*

:angry::angry: what you talkin about willis!!!!!!!!!!:angry::grin:

hot dang rieny that looks good. was just thinkin about doing a breast marinaded in  italinian dressing!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, smurfy said:

:angry::angry: what you talkin about willis!!!!!!!!!!:angry::grin:

hot dang rieny that looks good. was just thinkin about doing a breast marinaded in  italinian dressing!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've just  got breasts on yer mind, and the only thing you've marinated with Italian is that nite you guzzled that bottle of Riunite wine. :P 

We need pics, remember....