• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chicken

OK so following the meat sales thread I see sales for yard bird more often then not for cut up chickens! personally I am a whole chicken fan. I love chicken cooked pretty much any which way as well as no preference to white or dark meat.

so whats everyone elses thoughts! 

Smurfy you can drink the beer and pour in some beef broth with garlic or use a can of Dr. Pepper also instead.  The part of the chicken you see least on add are the wings.  Parts like drumsticks and thighs are on sale the most I think.  I also like a whole fryer but I've been spatchcocking them lately.  I think you see more whole chickens in the fall through spring time span and more parts during the summer.  good luck.

Throwing smoke at a whole bird sitting on a beer can is my fav.  You should try it smurf with the tube you earned. Next is thighs. In other words our chicken has to be bone in for grilling.  Good point cooper, while the ladies eat up the breast meat, the boy and I take care of the rest, including the back.

Edited by bobberineyes

1 hour ago, Dotch said:

I like the idea of grilling whole chickens but Mrs. Cheviot is not a chicken fan. The old, "had too much chicken growing up" song and dance. :( Luckily she's not always around so I can get the rotisserie out and go from there. Leftover city! ;)

Mmmmmmmmm maters........take salt shaker to garden and have a day!!!!!!!!! slobber!!!!!!!!!!! slobber!!

4 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Throwing smoke at a whole bird sitting on a beer can is my fav.  You should try it smurf with the tube you earned. Next is thighs. In other words our chicken has to be bone in for grilling. 

I plan on doing some smoming with that bad boy in due time!!!!!!!:D

59 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

Smurfy you can drink the beer and pour in some beef broth with garlic or use a can of Dr. Pepper also instead.  The part of the chicken you see least on add are the wings.  Parts like drumsticks and thighs are on sale the most I think.  I also like a whole fryer but I've been spatchcocking them lately.  I think you see more whole chickens in the fall through spring time span and more parts during the summer.  good luck.

that's good to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Nothing like a well-seasoned bird with a beer can up its butt.

beer-can-chicken3.jpg

I have got to do this some weekend soon, with some of the ideas given below. Since I don't care for beer much, would a rum and coke work ok while grilling? :P

Edited by leech~~

4 hours ago, Coffee118 said:

Favorite is chicken scallopini. The only part of the chicken I wont eat is the drum sticks, I would probably eat a tomatoe ( and I don't eat tomatoes ) before a drumstick. The other favorite part of the chicken is the liver, heart and gizzards. 

Your pushing it with the livers but I eat the hearts and gizzards to but they don't help the cholesterol level. We have a good in plump right hear in town. My parents would but hearts and gizzards by the case. Brown them and kinda make a stroganoff with them except it be on taters!

Cholesterols bad. In eggs too. Seven a  week, so says MAYO. Unless you're a diabetic. THEN that many, you have problems....significant increase in heart disease.Too many doctors on here.

Back to chicken!!!!      Chicken_dances.gif

11 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Cholesterols bad. In eggs too. Seven a  week, so says MAYO. Unless you're a diabetic. THEN that many, you have problems....significant increase in heart disease.Too many doctors on here.

Back to chicken!!!!      Chicken_dances.gif

Used to be two a week. 

NUTTIN BETTER THEN A CHARCOALED CHICKEN WITH THE CRISPY SKIN, oops pulled a boar, but dat skin is an absolute no no according to my doc and dieticion!!!!!!!!!! but still don't stop me !!!!!

gonna be stopping one nite to purchase on of dem beer can chicky stands!!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

And just borrow a beer from yer neighbor, that way it's not "wasted". And shaddup about my neighbor!  :P

I don't really drink beer but have a 6 pac of bottles in the basement to make Beer batter. Do you think a bottle will work up a chicken butt? :lol: