• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what polaris 2 up for trails and ice fishing?

Northlander

Pros n con's. Must be a polaris

I run the Polaris 550XP Sportsman Touring with power steering. Love it year around. Smaller then a Razr, so it fits into my toy hauler Ice Castle better smile Also, some trails have restrictions for width, and the Rzr can be really tight on those trails. I also go off the beaten path, and like the smaller machine, easier to toss my weight around when needed. Really depends on what you plan on using it for.

Regardless I would make sure it has Fuel Injection, and power steering. 2 Pieces that I would say are musts on any machine I own going forward.

Cons, the 550XP isn't as big as the Rzr and you straddle the machine. Some find this very uncomfortable and would rather sit in a seat like a car with a steering wheel. Protection is limited in the 550 vs the rzr. Rzr you can get a radio and other fun mods. Yes you can get these on the 550 as well, but not as practical. If you get a rzr stuck good, chances are you will need another rzr or 2 or 3 to get you out. They are big, and heavy, and suction down in the mud really good.

Basicly all really depends on how you plan on using it. I looked at both as well and settled with the 550XP. Very happy I did, and feel this was the best decision for my riding and use.

What the heck is that white stuff in your photo Leech!?

mr

That top picture is from about 4 years ago before Climate change! Oh and when you could still get some Perch on Mille Lacs! grin The bottom one is Mille Lacs last weekend. No keepers! frown

Has to be new as well.

Ok, because that makes a difference on some the models available. Since the year started out so slow with snow there are some good deals on hardly used newer ones out there as well. wink

Example: $5300

2012 Polaris IQ LXT 550 Two up snowmobile. Sled is in great with only 300 miles on it. Has electric start with good battery, reverse (perc), mirrors, 2 up seat, tow hitch, and matching Polaris cover. Just serviced at Polaris dealer and ready to go. On the (List)

full-27051-52597-00u0u_gfjfyinloyy_600x4

if I was spending big bucks for new, Id go with the 600 swichback assult 144.

get an add on rack and hitch, and if you really need it to haul 2 get the voyager seat kit.

that gives you a good work horse and a great on off trail ride

full-24990-52633-img_20141126_163356_513

I got a 2015 polaris 600 IQ wide track it works great for ice fishing. The wide tracks won't run hot if get in low snow conditions or pull a ice house slow any other newer polaris other than a fan will get hot if you have to go slow or run into low snow. Mine will be for sale end of march around 4000 less than new.