• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brand Wars...what ya got?!?!?!

lawdog

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens Accomplice primary, Oneida Aeroforce for going retro, Mathews MQ32 still hanging out. Picked up a Bear Grizzly recurve but have yet to master this.

Wow, you might be the only person I know, other than myself, that still has a MQ32. First bow I bought, still love shooting it, whisper quiet.

I have a 31.5 inch draw length and shoot lefty so I am limited as I many bows only go to 30 inch draw length and have a short axle to axle which I don't like. The last couple years I have been shooting a 2010 PSE Vendetta XL and it is fast and smooth. I also have a 2006 Ross CR337 which is slower but is really quiet and has no vibration. The PSE is faster and shoots flat for those Western hunts where you might need to shoot 50 yards with no time to use the rangefinder but the slower, quieter Ross is a tack driver for normal Midwestern bowhunts.

I have a 31.5 inch draw length and shoot lefty so I am limited as I many bows only go to 30 inch draw length and have a short axle to axle which I don't like. The last couple years I have been shooting a 2010 PSE Vendetta XL and it is fast and smooth. I also have a 2006 Ross CR337 which is slower but is really quiet and has no vibration. The PSE is faster and shoots flat for those Western hunts where you might need to shoot 50 yards with no time to use the rangefinder but the slower, quieter Ross is a tack driver for normal Midwestern bowhunts.
I bought a lefty Ross 334 for my boy. It is a really nice bow for sure. Well made, quiet and very accurate.

Shoot a Renegade SBD, gotta be at least 10 years old but i cant seam to justify a new one when this still shoots so good, so light and just feels great.

I will say if i were to get a new one (looked 3 years ago) it would be a Hoyt

Brand really makes no difference unless one is hung up on a certain brand name.

One can take any good bow made today, set it up for yourself correct and practice and you will harvest what you are shooting at.

I shot my PSE for years, got the job done, then went to a Matthews MQ2 or whatever it was and then years later thought I needed a new bow.

They all shoot deer for me and I am sure I could go back to those other bows and still harvest a deer.

With that said, yes todays bows are a lot faster and easier to shoot than a bow from 25 years ago but all the bows today shoot very well if they fit you. I would not be afraid to switch brands for next season at all, no matter what brand it is.

Just read the posts above with all the archers happy with so many different models, just make sure it fits you and check more than one model out to see which one is the most comfortable in your hands.

Now days it doesn't really matter what bow you shoot, they all are good. And with the way the pro's hunt anymore, you better get yourself some sqwincher, badboy buggy & yeti cooler before you even think about going into the woods. Shoot whatever works for you, not what they are pushing, they all kill just the same if you know how to shoot. No brand is going to make you shoot gnats out the air, you have to do that. It's not the bow, it's the indian.