• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers or Moles

lindy rig

I have found nothing that works for moles that I have given up. I can get the traps to spring but never end up with anything. I may have to go the Caddyshack route laugh

Plus+1 Never got one in a trap and have put out the pellets in every hole. They just seem to eat them like candy and keep digging! cry

I have had good luck with Victor Out O'Site mole traps (after reading up on them from various places online that use them for a business). I have 3 of them. Roughly $10/trap.

There is one other one out there that looks pretty nice as well, would have to look it up. I remember them being $30/trap.

Sounds like moles - they are in your yard since there are insects/larvae for them to eat. Trapping is a good short term solution. For a longer term solution, I recommend treating your lawn with insecticide to control their food source. Do not tell the neighbors, as the moles will move onto the next food source.

In all seriousness I've found trapping them or watching for them and digging them up is only way to get them. I use the Out of Site trap also.

Keep in mind you 1st need to find active runs by packing down all the runs the day before or in morning and check them at noon or next morning to find active run. If you find a fresh run, [walk softly in yard they'll hear you coming] stand there for 5-10 minutes with shovel in hand and watch for ground moving. Dig behind them quickly.

Trapping: You'll want a straight run, along house , sidewalk, etc. not the ones in middle of yard that looks like the mole is dizzy and going in circles. I set the trap just like box says. After packing down trials and finding fresh runs I'll usually have the mole in an hour to 1 day. I run 2 traps but usually get them in run I think is most active.

I've tried the grub control but haven't noticed any change in mole activity. I've also tried every myth, gimmick, etc with no success. I did notice for the few years that the neighbor was having Green Lawn spray they're yard they did not have a mole problems till they cancelled service and then the moles came back to their yard too.

It can be frustrating because they tear up your yard but after you catch a couple you'll have the hang of it. Good luck.