• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CPAP users any advice/stories

Stickjiggler

If you have sleep apnea the snoring is the least of your concerns. If you have concerns it's definitely worth getting it checked out. I've been using one for over 15 years. Can't sleep without it now.

They are much better built now than back then. Smaller, quieter and more comfortable.

I was 37 when I got mine. During the sleep study they found I stopped breathing over 50 times during the course of the night. I use to fall asleep at 4:30 in the afternoon daily until I started using this. Also snored like a freight train. Now that is gone as well. Sounds cliche, but I won't sleep without it.

On 2nd machine, have learned alot, started with nose mask but always woke up with sore throat im am, found out mouth would inadvertantly open duri g night because of air pressure. Switched to full face mask. Honestly love it and nevefgo a night without it anymore no matter what, did take a few months to get used to though. Also mine came with sd card that recorded time and air pressure so had to take machine in once/month so theycould download info & send to insurance co for proof I was using it so they would cover it and let me keep it.