• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SENKOS

huskiesplayer15

Senkos are one of the hottest things for fishing bass. I just started fishing bass last year and it quickly became my goto lure. Texas rigged either weightless or weighted gives it incredible action.

My favorites are cinnamon brown (looks like an earth worm) and the dark green bass color.

They are expensive but worth it in my mind. Start with the 5" 9series and then branch out.

I actually have been using Senko's for a few years now. They are the real deal. You can fish your senko in many different riggings. IMO the key to fishing a Senko is letting the bait do the work for you. When a Senko falls it works in a side to side motion which usually triggers the strike. I usually run my Senko's weightless or Texas rigged. The key is to get that bait to the top so it can drop and flutter. And I almost always work it slow. If you go to www.yamamoto.baits.com and click on the catalog link they show you how to rig a senko or look for a post in this forum that that was asking how to fish worms. I believe that Dan Wood had the rigging page from last years Senko catalog on one of his posts.

The Yum Dinger, by YUM.

I got a couple free packs of these at a Bass Tourny last year. These are the ones that really turned me on to these tyes of baits. They seem to hold up a little better than the Senko. Those Senkos and ther other GY baits are toast after 1-2 fish.

StrikeKing 3X just came out with a "Zero Worm". I know its early, but has anybody tried one of these super strong buggers. I heard those super plastics really float and maybe that is a bad thing for those who go weightless.

Coach Dog,
I have used the stickos and christopherson's ones mentioned above. Both are cheaper versions of the senko but from my experience, work just as well. Hard to beat either of the prices compared to senkos and yamamoto's version... $6.00 for 10 pack? Yikes!

Bass pro even has sticko tackle packs with assortment of sizes and colors, you might want to look into that if you are just starting.

-Catchin'

Yup! I be Dan's brother! Funny. Will keep the post to Senkos and all but give me or Dan an email if you get a chance and i can fill you in on the Christopherson stick baits and what not. Looks like he already posted anyway. For the money i think the Christopherson's are worth it. For convenience, the BPS online sticko ordering is probably easiest since who knows when you would get up to Alexandria where the store is located.

[email protected]

Later,
Catchin' Whopper

[This message has been edited by catchin'whopper (edited 03-30-2004).]

Catchin---Alphid,

Don't give away all your secrets!!!!!
Alphonse and Ronald may not be very happy!!
Seriously guys check out the new Strike King Zero's----very nice---we will have to see how long they last....there are also a few other brands that are local senko knock-offs at Gander Mountains---saw them at the Sportshow!!!

Catchin----chapter 7---what the-----

fisher 98

nah, you guys are crazy, senkos aren't any good grin.gif...

The zero from 3x will be good I believe. I've used the 3x plastics and they are tough - this one is injected with salt the same as the rest, so the sink rate should be similar. They won't be as tough as a standard 3x with the added salt, but still might be good.

Case Plastics Magic Stik is what I use the most. I get them from T.J.'s tackle (site sponsor). They also sell them down at 4 Seasons Sports. I did a lot of testing on these and found them to be very, very close to the Senko at a reduced price.

Hey guys,

Another good thing about those Yum Dingers is that they come in packs of 15 for the same and sometimes less $$$ than the other brands.

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 03-30-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Quillback Sucker (edited 03-30-2004).]

Wow thanks guys for all the leg work to help me boat a couple more bass, i picked up one box in cinnamon, one in purple and one in bubblegum. Cant wait to start chasing the bass with these, so it is pretty much a do nothing bait?
Thanks So much
Best Fishes
Chris

i mite as well throw another brand in the mix. chompers came out with a version of the senko this year too. i do love thier products with the heavy garlic flavor and plenty of salt . del

ChrisR71,
You'll find the Outkast Stick Worms to work just as well as the Yum Dingers, in fact the same company pours the plastic for both of them. Indeed, if you do like the Outkast Stick worms, you can buy them from Mike at Outkast for $20 per 100 baits. Good Luck!

Hey Guys,
These baits are awesome here on Vermilion. I use either green/pumpkin-black pepper or baby bass. Texas rigged, no weight, 3/0 Gamakatsu EWG, 17# Green Trilene. I have had two and three bass come out from under a dock after these things.
One hint Chris-- Be a line watcher--- sometimes all you get is line movement.

Doug

------------------
Captain Doug Wintle
Spring Bay Resort & Guide Service
http://www.SpringBayResort.com

Lund Pro Staff
RJ Sport and Cycle Pro Staff
[email protected]
800-847-5253

Dan, where is T.J.'s tackle, and/or how do I find their add/link on FM. I remember you commenting previously on Case Plastics; located their HSOforum but looking for the nearest dealer(online or not). I'm in Edina.

thanks

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

buzbunni,
I can get you a phone number or email if you want to email me. They will be available online soon, but not yet. I will also see if I can get an update on tackle shops that carry these (4 Seasons down in RedWing should have them).

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
T.J.'s Tackle
MarCum Technologies
Otter Outdoors
J.R.'s Tackle