• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Input on the 2014 hoyt bows

stretch

So i am thinking about getting back into bow hunting the year and was wondering what everyone thought about hoyt bows, especially the 2014 models. I mainly would be using it for turkey hunting and deer hunting out of a ground blind so i would like a shorter axle to axle length. Any input about them would be great!

Hoyt makes a great bow, I have owned several of them, from twin cams to cam 1/2's. For the most part I was always a die hard Hoyt guy until I bought my last one, I just went and shot a ton of different bows from different manufactures hoyt, mathews, bowtech etc and ended up buying my first non hoyt bow which was a bowtech. My recommendation is put aside the brand names and find whats right for you. I ended up with a 36 inch bow with a larger brace height because that is what I was use to. Let us know what you end up getting. Happy Hunting

Kettle

I just bought a Faktor 30. I tried out just about everything in Archery Country in St Cloud and that's what I chose. Most new bows are very nice, so whatever feels good in your hands is what I'd go with, brand name doesn't mean much today, they're all very competitive. Good luck.

Mike

shoot every bow and let the bow pick you!

This is really the only answer to buying a new bow, you have to shoot them and go with what you like. It is a very personal choice and you should almost do it blind folded because name brands should be the last thing you look at.

I hunt with two older Hoyts, a Vectrix XL and a Maxxis 35. From what I've read, the new Z5 cam is more forgiving on this years Faktors and Carbon Spyders. By more forgiving, I mean smoother draw and a better valley. My bows tend to want to take off if I creep any at full draw although the Maxxis is a little better than the Vectrix in that regard. I think you will like the new Hoyt line.

The one reason why i am picking hoyt is because i have a 32" draw length so i am very limited on what i can get. I ended up shooting the charger, faktor and carbon spyder. I spent about a hour just shooting those 3 and i liked them all, but the faktor and spyder were defiantly smoother and faster. So now it's all on trying to choose. I'll probably get the faktor 34 long draw just because it just fit me better and shot so nice.

Thanks for everyone's input. I really appreciate it!

I bought a Charger last year and my brother the Spyder. Great bows. I would recommend going to some shops and shooting a variety of models and brands to find a comfortable fit.

Got a 2013 Spyder 30 last year. At the time it was between that and a 2012 Vector 32. Glad I got the Spyder 30. And also VERY glad I didn't hold out to see the 2014 bows. I like the Faktor. The Carbon Spyder on the other hand.... Just can't see myself holding it.

If I buy another, I'd look for a lightly used or on clearance 2013 or 2012 Carbon Element.

I worked at an archery shop last summer while I was home for college, and I got to test many bows as we assembled them and adjusted them so customers could pick them up and test them out without any major modifications being needed.

I learned one lesson that will stick with me to my grave. The bow will pick the shooter. I am not trying to pull some Harry Potter hokey-pokey talk. What I mean is that you should find as many shops with various bow manufacturers in the area as you can. Shoot as many bows in your size range as you can. What you are looking for is a bow that, when fully drawn, feels so natural that you can not hardly tell it is there when you close your eyes. You will be able to almost feel relaxed and not have any muscle tension used to keep that bow on point with the target. It should also just merely tilt forward after each shot. The grip will feel like it isn't even there when you shoot as well.

Now there are some people who just can't find that "one bow" and that bow may not exist (yet) for them. But when the sales people advise you on the latest greatest $1000+ Mathews or Bowtech or Hoyt carbon series, just say "okay" and let it all go out the other ear. With enough time shooting you will find one that is a night and day difference. The only one I would say to try is the Hoyt Charger. I don't know why, but it has felt more balanced and natural to myself and customers I dealt with last summer than any other bow I can remember. It fit a wide range of people from a young scrawny 12 or 13 year old kid to a guy who could have been Brock Lesnar's twin.

The Charger I would agree with big time.

My 16 year old son shot it last year amongst many other mid range bows and it was his favorite.

I shot it as well and was very impressed.

I have 2 friends that bought that same bow and rave about it.

Did my son get the Charger? No he did not. PSE was a very close second/third choice for him, and I got a SMOKIN deal on a new non current PSE Bow Madness for him.

If I hadn't found the deal the PSE we got for my son, it was the Hoyt Charger for sure.

Shoot all the brands and models in your budget.... Asking online will help narrow choices, but you may find we are all nuts. smile