• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone

MJ1657

Option b was to drive up there. But I was hoping to sight fish some sunfish and it's normally easy to do here. But I see milfoil and algae here this year instead of clear water and cabbage. Next weekend "option b" will move to the front if the line.

Option b was to drive up there. But I was hoping to sight fish some sunfish and it's normally easy to do here. But I see milfoil and algae here this year instead of clear water and cabbage. Next weekend "option b" will move to the front if the line.

You aren't missing out on much up here. I was taking a pic to show clarity and that one wandered through. That's been it.

But I see milfoil and algae here this year instead of clear water and cabbage.

this may be a dumb question but I'm trying to get a feel for how the plant life effects water clarity

are lakes infested with milfoil murkier because of the milfoil?

is cabbage a native plant and does it make the water clearer?

do the same effects happen with the water in the summer?

thanks in advance for any info

this may be a dumb question but I'm trying to get a feel for how the plant life effects water clarity

are lakes infested with milfoil murkier because of the milfoil?

is cabbage a native plant and does it make the water clearer?

do the same effects happen with the water in the summer?

thanks in advance for any info

Not sure this will help Stick, but the last three years the lake I live off of has been very dirty and it has milfoil that has bee sprayed the summer before it got dirty. The 5 years prior to that the lake was clear, and it had the milfoil, but it was clear until later in the season then it would cloud up to the point you couldn't see about 1.5 ft down that was the first couple years, then it got crystal clear for a few years then back to the three years ago when they sprayed for it.

Hope that makes sence. crazy

When Milfoil is allowed to run its normal life cycle, it dies off in the fall. The decay of the milfoil supports a late algae bloom that is not always cleared up by ice up. Lakes that spray in the summer can get in front of that bloom a little bit.

The lake I was on yesterday is known for having gin clear water. Winter visibility of 20+ feet in most years. This year, 4.5-5' max and very green/brown, it was kind of sad. I never saw a fish, any fish, no sunnies, no bass, no pike, nothing. Most of the time I can cut a spear hole and sight fish panfish all day long.