• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery Tender Jr.

ducker

If you have to unplug the tender from the outlet, do not leave it hooked up to your atv battery for any length of time. Leaving it hooked up, but unplugged from the outlet, will discharge your battery. I did this a couple of years ago. Found out there is a warning in the directions about doing this. Otherwise, I leave it hooked up, and plugged in, all year around.

especially if you run a plow with your winch.

A very important consideration. I am willing to bet that most ATV charging systems are not capable of maintaining the battery while using a winch so if your plow uses the winch to lift, it's a good practice...actually a required practice to put a charger on your battery after each use if you want to avoid battery problems down the road.

The first year I had a plow for the wheeler I had to pull start it the last time I used it and the battery needed to be replaced that spring. That year I would even run the wheeler up and down the alley thinking I was getting a charge on the battery. Like Bob said, I don't think the charging systems are designed to handle the draw of a winch repeatedly. Since I've been using the tender I've had no issues. I do most of my plowing at night and need the lights also so its even more of a drain.

since I only really use mine plowing in the Winter this sounds like a good idea since I'm wearing the battery down so much.

Question? I have a Honda Foreman and the batter is under the seat and also to charge battery there is a metal bracket that needs to be removed to charge battery. It is so tight between battery posts and metal bracket that if I don't remove it the charger clamps end up making contact with the bracket. Rather than have to remove that bracket every time I'm done using it when I put Tender on it what are some other options? Number one to me is to permanently remove the bracket but it must be there for a purpose?

The tender comes with a pigtail that has eyelets on it to hoook and keep on the battery and a pull apart connector on the other end. So you only need to directly hook it to the battery one time. The tender also comes with clamps for the battery.

The tender comes with a pigtail that has eyelets on it to hoook and keep on the battery and a pull apart connector on the other end. So you only need to directly hook it to the battery one time. The tender also comes with clamps for the battery.

I did this on my Foreman and it just sticks out a little bit, and I just plug it right in each time. Works great. Have not had any ES shifting issues (well, one...) since I started keeping the battery in tip top shape. Good luck.

I have kept the tender jr on my 07 rubicon for the past 5 years I believe. I have the quick connect pigtail on my battery so when it goes back in the garage I just plug it in quick and walk away. I have never had a dead or weak battery yet. I now keep one on my boat motor battery all year as well. Never had a problem with a battery on that either since.

Check out the model that removes sulfate build up on the plates. A little more $(50) but batteries last forever.All my batteries have one hooked to them and haven't needed a new battery in over 7 years now. DrJ....