• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for a Bachelor Party needed

carpmaster4

don't know if this is where I should post this but we are looking for ideas for a bachelor party for my brother in late march early APRIl. Also my youngest brother will be coming with and he is only 17 so we need ideas that will allow him to enjoy also. Looking at the twin Cities area or any other ideas u guys ca give me. thank you

Lol....I would personally road trip to LOW. Maybe even just head south and golf the first green course you get to. Bear Creek cabins in Northeast Iowa is really nice if you like to trout fish, can be a really nice time of year....can also be not so nice. If needing the cities, suppose you could do up a Twins opener. Fireworks Forever in St Croix Falls has their demo night in early April....always fun to see things go boom while enjoying a few beverages.....regardless what you decide....... make the "kid" drive you guys around smile

It depends on the age of the party members. I am 70 plus years old and have been to two paint ball hunting partys where you split into two groups and hunt each other in the woods. There were about 30 people involved and I think we all had a blast. After the hunt was party time, beverage and food. We were at Traxlers perserve at LeCenter.

I have rented out a local gun club, we hunted pheasants during the day, and shot clay pigeons all evening, and into the night. We then rented a cabin that they have on the property and stayed at the cabin. It is a great time for sportsman.

First I'd think about what your brother enjoys doing. It his "last adventure" as a free man so you typically want to cater to the things he enjoys.

Paint ball works for the all-ages crowd.

Brewery tours can be fun and no drinking is required.

For my bachelor party we did canoe trip down the Namekagon in W.Wisconsin. We fished, drank, camped, played wiffle ball in the shallow/wide sections, etc. It might be a little cold in late March or early April though.

What about renting some charter boats on Superior and cap it off on Canal Street afterwards?

I've been to 2 bachelor parties where we played paintball. It was a lot of fun, painful but fun. One word of advice, don't get shot in the side of the neck from close range. It hurts... It hurts alot.

For my bachelor party we did a little white water rafting trip just south of Duluth. It was fun but not overly intense. We then camped out on some family property where we drank a few too many while playing home run derby that we worked into a drinking game.

1. A swing and a miss is a shot

2. 3 outs is a shot

3. Lowest score in each round is a shot

4. Too many bad pitches and the pitcher takes a shot

5. Whatever other random rules we came up with at the time was a shot

Obviously with each drink all of the above become much more common. By the 3rd or 4th round it was pretty comical watching our reaction times deminish. The worst guys were swinging at balls that had already landed behind them.

The other idea is go do some activity during the day (maybe a Twins game) and then give the minor enough cab fare to get him home and then head out on the town. Incidentally a Twins ticket stub gets you free admission into certain establishments near the stadium on game day.

Rent some rooms at the Embassy Suites (big rooms and the best happy hour in town) and rent a private suite at the X for a Wild game. And then on your way back to the Embassy stop at Alary's Bar for the best looking waitresses in the Metro. And the best part is you can do all the above walking, no vehicle required.

If you want to stay out-state, just a recommendation that a party bus is well worth the money and not that expensive for a big group. They are usually accommodating and will go wherever and whenever you please.

I know one of the local drivers, he says the best stories are actually from the bachelorette parties he drives, hands down.

DD