• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Browsers

Been using Mozilla for years and noticed over time its slow to load and has turned into a resource hog. The skipping and lag while watching videos online was the last straw.

Yes I went into tools and turned off all non essential plugins to try and find where the culprit was. None of which made a difference. IMO the suggestions from Mozilla to fix the problem is more of a smoke and mirrors cover up. I switched to Mozilla many years ago because it was a no frills browser but mostly because it was open source. Just seems with every update its become even more bloated. Giving Chrome a try.

I've been using Chrome since it was available and like it.

Did you make sure your machine is clean of spyware/malware? I still run Spybot Search and Destroy on a periodic basis and that seems to help keep things speedy.

hmmmm. chrome has been nuts for 2 weeks for me. uninstalled it and put firefox on. zip zap all is fine. I wonder why??

Probably has something to do with the new update sent out around the same time. You may want to try reinstalling and see if it's fixed.

Chrome is one of the fastest full version browsers you'll find, it's one of my favorites as well.

Firefox is good but a little slower, however there is a stripped down version named K-Meleon that is quite fast.

IE keeps getting better with each version change, it's been around forever and out of the box is one of the best at thwarting off malware attacks.

Been using Mozilla for years and noticed over time its slow to load and has turned into a resource hog. The skipping and lag while watching videos online was the last straw.

Yes I went into tools and turned off all non essential plugins to try and find where the culprit was. None of which made a difference. IMO the suggestions from Mozilla to fix the problem is more of a smoke and mirrors cover up. I switched to Mozilla many years ago because it was a no frills browser but mostly because it was open source. Just seems with every update its become even more bloated. Giving Chrome a try.

I used FF for a few years a while back and began to experience the same problem. I switched to Chrome and haven't turned back.