• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PB, the tough luck continues eh?.. wink I could pick you a pickup load of ramps near my place if you need ramps...I have a cheater spot for the oysters too...some might even say they are in my woodpile.. grinI am not the best at morels either but I had such a tough fall that I need to get even with the mushroom gods...

I have a cheater spot for the oysters too...some might even say they are in my woodpile.

Kind of sounds like my log along the driveway bears head tooth honey hole grin We got finally got a "few" drops of rain up here; just need a little sunshine and will be back in the game soon.....

Made it out with the kids tonight for a short stint. To my surprise my wife came back with some freshly post-pinned oysters, and some chaga!

Had to try to equal your hat trick, jerkin... winkfull-1826-33483-464706_10201068894826617

Matt

That big one on the right almost looks like a Half Morel? Long stem and the hood seems to hang over. Have you cut it in half yet? confused

Let it be known- Matt is the king of big stiped Verpa! wink got out in west central MN over the weekend and took my nieces out searching-needless to say they were into it and it soon turned into a contest over who got the biggest bulbed ramp....seemed too early for the morels but did get a few oysters-fishing was good too- full-4296-33593-image.jpg

full-4296-33594-image.jpg

full-4296-33595-image.jpg

full-4296-33596-image.jpg

full-4296-33597-image.jpg

Strangely enough, my daughter is the ramp lover..My boys are not big fans of the ramps..all of them are big mushroom fans and I need to ration them if I want to get any... grin Not sure why my pics are sideways...

You're a mushroom lover, everything we do is a little sideways!

Jealous of all of the oysters. We've found that one cluster, and that's it. I think we need a hard rain to get them pinning up here...

NICE!!! I don't know if it's warm enough around here, or if they are cyclical. About 2 years ago I had an immense Oyster crop by my house then last year I didn't see anything. Still haven't seen anything this year yet.

I think I'm with you.....that and I can actually find Oysters smile Morels are very "shroomy" whereas Oysters are a milder mushroom. Still have never had Chants though.

JP, that flushing you had back there was probably a once and done deal. Possibly caught the end of the party, or the mycelium is happy and doesn't have a reason to fruit... The log in my yard that's infested hasn't fruited either.

Oysters only need about 40 degree temps to pin, but like the hot wet weather and will go bonkers in it.

I too love oysters. Very versatile and tasty on their own!

The oysters have been pretty thick around the St Cloud and Mille Lacs areas the last week or so....I know it's good pickin' when I'd much rather be wading through wood ticks chasing after mushrooms instead of sitting in the boat catching walleyes!

I gave my parents some so they could eat them for dinner tonight, and my dad called me before dinner asking if I'd take him out tomorrow morning. smile

Yeah, plenty of oysters out and about right now. The family went out yesterday and picked some some for supper last night. Some fancy big long egg noodles, beef stock, garlic, butter, provence sesoning, with some goat cheese.....even got to pick the first fresh garden salad.....yum!

Well after his first 'shrooming foray this morning, I think Stick in Mud the Elder is officially hooked...I don't know the final tally, but we might've had 10 or 15 pounds in less than two hours. Apparently he's stopping at some woods on the way home to see if he can find some more. smile

Oh, and guess who's coming over tomorrow morning to see if we can find some new spots? crazy

Oh, and PB, if you can cook like that, how about we make a deal--I'll bring over the oysters and the fixings, and you can get 'em all ready? grin