• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Vikings off season

Scott K

I guess we should overpay 2 #2-#3 WRs like we have been. Id rather take both the salaries and pay Jennings. Id take the double coverage on one side with a decent threat on the other rather than 2-3 guys that get single covered and cant get open and run terrible routes.

Yeah that would be nice except Jennings wants 10+ million and DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE. The other guys are signed for 2 million.

Wallace DID NOT WANT TO PLAY HERE, he wanted to go to a place where there is warm weather. Playing outdoors for the next couple years in Minnesota does not fit the bill.

So whats your next plan? Pay them an amount they can not refuse to play here?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Vikes owe it to AP to at least spend SOME of the $$$ on a legitimate WR...a Jennings type. Even if they have to over-pay him a little. I bet we'll know where jennings is headed by the end of today.

I get the youth movement thing and am all for it but they have to spend their $$$ on something.

If they don't feel like the WR spot is the place to do it then I hope they really try to fill the gaps on defense during FA. Get a CB or two...looks like we're going to lose our MLB so adress that also.

FishinGuru- those guys want to play where ever they get the most $. Im sure wallace is dying to catch passes from ryan tannehill.

So you want to be the team that has to overpay an already overpaid player to play in a place he doesn't want to play?

That totally makes sense I get where your coming from now.

Do I need to know him personally? You can simply read his own interview with his own quotes. He doesn't come straight out and say he doesn't want to play in MN but you might be able to put 2 and 2 together?

"free-agent wide receiver Greg Jennings said that the quality of the team’s quarterback will be a major factor in where he decides to play next season."

"Greg Jennings said that the team’s quarterback will be an important factor as to where he signs."

“To me, the quarterback means a lot, if they have one or not"

We both know a player will sign pretty much anywhere if it's an amount they just simply can't pass down. That's the kind of money we'd have to spend on him. I'm sure he'd rather take a few million less to stay with the Packers then come here.

We don't have the leverage right now for FA's to want to come here and give us any sort of deal, it's like if they come here they want to be getting PAID, especially a WR. Unless ofcourse Jennings thinks Ponder is a bomb QB? Then forget anything I said.

Jennings said yesterday on ESPN he wants to play with a team that is a contender. Lets face it, the Vikings aren't exactly in the running for a superbowl. Maybe they surprise everyone and make it there, but I don't think the line is very long in Vegas with people putting large sums of money down on the Vikings to win it all. #2...Minnesota isn't a very attractive market for a superstar. Its a small/medium market as far as exposure for NFL teams go, and most of these superstars need to have their ego fed on a regular basis. Only way Jennings wears the purple this year is if the Vikings pay about 5 million too much for him. The Packers have basically the same contract on the table as the Vikings do, now if you were him, where would you go?

I don't want Jennings because he'll show us how obvious it is that we can't throw, truly throw the ball because I'd hope most feel he's a solid WR in the NFL. You want poor stats ? be a vike wideout, then go free agent style and try to make money, put Michael Jenkins into retirement, now Percy made his hay with yards after the catch with most throws not going downfield whatsoever and that's why AP considers him so great, he made people miss, extreme quickness and excellent top end speed like on kickoffs.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/vikings-gm-has-100-percent-belief-qb-ponder

Quote:
The peaks and valleys may be difficult for the breathless fan to handle, but it's exactly what Spielman expected when he drafted Ponder last year. Spielman said he wrote down a series of statistics at the beginning of the season that he felt Ponder would produce this year, based upon the second year of several elite quarterbacks. While not getting specific, he intimated that Ponder is right on that track.

Speilman has been drafting since like 2006 pal

YAAAAAAAAAAAWN, Spielman has been President of Player Personnel since 06, last year was his first year with complete control in the draft as the GM pal.

I hate to break into the middle of all you buddies because you call each other pal, but where are all the "Webb" people now?

I mean, 90% of you armchair coaches said he should be the starter over Ponder and look how well he did.

At any rate, I am not that worried about Ponder. I wouldnt pay 10 mil for Jennings with his injury issues.

From a draft standpoint, it remains to be seen how Wright and that other receiver will play out, but the rest of the draft was pretty stellar so that bodes well for years to come.

This draft is full of WR, why pay tons of money for some primadonna like Harvin or Jennings, when they can get a good couple years out of a rookie?

This is similar to what the Patriots and Packers have been doing and its worked well for them.

I really hope the Vikes figure a way to get Winfield back in purple because his mentorship is priceless even if he lost a step or 12 on the field.

He had as much say then as he does now. Remind you they didnt have a GM then.
If there are 3 sides on an equilateral triangle each side gets an equal share of 33% right? But if there is a dot, this dot would get 100% right? How does 33% equal 100% again?

Spielman could not make sole decisions prior to last year. Not saying he is Nostradamus or anything, but he was not able to make these decisions solely on his own and it was quite obvious that he and Chilly didnt see eye to eye a lot.

If there are 3 sides on an equilateral triangle each side gets an equal share of 33% right? But if there is a dot, this dot would get 100% right? How does 33% equal 100% again?

Spielman could not make sole decisions prior to last year. Not saying he is Nostradamus or anything, but he was not able to make these decisions solely on his own and it was quite obvious that he and Chilly didnt see eye to eye a lot.

No franchise has 1 guy working the draft, there are many front office people involved and the head coach. They work together, nice one Pythagorean.