• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl

mrklean

The game turned out to be one of the better ones in recent years I thought. Since I didn't have any bets on the game, I didn't really care who won.

Anyone have any favorite commercials from the SB? For me, it was the Budweiser Clydesdale, and the Doritos goat commercial. The Oreo whisper fight wasn't too bad either.

Why is it ok to blatantly HOLD late in the game, without a call,because "you can't call that in that situation" according to the announcer? HOGWASH!!! I saw 2 BLATANT HOLDS in that last drive alone that weren't called....because they would have too big an impact on the game????I have news for you...THEY DID determine the outcome of the game, by your no-calls. Late in the game is the MOST important time to call the game to the letter of the law.

Do you think that pass at the end in the endzone as catchable? NO WAY there play calling at the end cost them

You talking about the fade route to the outside at the end....where the cb played inside position, to take away the slant, then when the rec cut back to the outside corner??? I believe that 2 handed HOLD by the cb had a lot to do with the 3-4 foot distance it was overthrown. Can't blame the cb...he knew he was beat, so he grabbed the rec with both hands from the back(classic hold). The issue I have is not calling those BLATANT HOLDS at the end of games....because "it will have a huge affect on the game". By NOT calling them ,it had just as big of affect.

The other one I noticed ,that was just as blatant, was on the punt/ safety . #24 for the Niners, was through the line, going for the punter and just stopped in his tracks, by a blocker....who was BEHIND HIM....he grabbed him with both hands.(classic hold) Were the refs blind, or did they have $ down somewhere???

I wish I could of been calling the plays for the 49ers. I figured they were gonna run the clock down as much as they possibly could and score a TD, also make the Ravens burn some timeouts.

I would of gave the ball to Gore a couple times or had Kaepernick take it in, don't tell me you can't get a few yards on 4 tries against a tired defense.

No point at all doing all them passes in a row, it takes no time off the clock and doesn't force them to have to use their timeouts.

I think the last play to Crabtree should of definitely drew a flag, it was borderline uncatchable but without being held them guys are fast and can jump high so even if a ball lands a couple yards out of bounds doesn't mean it couldn't of been caught.

Ed Reed deserved a ring so I'm happy for him.

You talking about the fade route to the outside at the end....where the cb played inside position, to take away the slant, then when the rec cut back to the outside corner??? I believe that 2 handed HOLD by the cb had a lot to do with the 3-4 foot distance it was overthrown. Can't blame the cb...he knew he was beat, so he grabbed the rec with both hands from the back(classic hold). The issue I have is not calling those BLATANT HOLDS at the end of games....because "it will have a huge affect on the game". By NOT calling them ,it had just as big of affect.

The other one I noticed ,that was just as blatant, was on the punt/ safety . #24 for the Niners, was through the line, going for the punter and just stopped in his tracks, by a blocker....who was BEHIND HIM....he grabbed him with both hands.(classic hold) Were the refs blind, or did they have $ down somewhere???

must be a niner fan

I'm really surprised that at the end there weren't any passes to the best wr in the history of the nfl?

Seriously, I too think the niners could have scored by either the rb or the qb running it in. I was surprised the ravens didn't call a time out before the 2 minute warning. They obviously were relying on their defense to win it for them, which came but with some help from the officiating crew.

Thank goodness the Refs remained consistent through-out the game and didn't call a weak penalty on a ball that had zero percent chance to be caught.

And if you want to talk about calls how about the fhantom roughing the kicker call that resulted in points that changed the entire philosophy of the game. And the blatant late hit 5 yards out of bounds on Flaco that screwed them out at least a field goal.

Thank goodness the Refs remained consistent through-out the game and didn't call a weak penalty on a ball that had zero percent chance to be caught.

And if you want to talk about calls how about the fhantom roughing the kicker call that resulted in points that changed the entire philosophy of the game. And the blatant late hit 5 yards out of bounds on Flaco that screwed them out at least a field goal.

Must be a Raven fan.

That "roughing the kicker call", was a legitimate running into the kicker call, actually. The guy landed against the kickers plant leg, and he was limping for a while. If it had been called "roughing" it would have been a first down.

That hit on Flacco 2 yards out of bounds ....I held my breath on that one...I expected a call on that one.

There was an defensive interference call on Culliver? that I didn't agree with either....the receiver was actually holding the defender away with his left arm. Then when the defender tried to fight through that illegal act, he got flagged for interference.

The Niners really came out flat, and that really put them into a hole that they weren't able to recover from.