• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

The word is definitely out on Backstrom to go at his head or up high. Although, I don't think many goalies could react fast enough to stop Cundari's bullet last night.

Agree on Backs' weakness, but Candari had almost 4 seconds to setup that shot. I know we were on a tight PK, but Suter coulda come out to challenge or block.

Golf can be nice, but I'm guessing these guys would rather be playing hockey in 8 days. Right the ship.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeo's a nice guy....comes off very reserved and knowledgeable, does well with the interviews I will admit that.....but if I owned the team, spent that kind of money on players, had them winning, and then they tank at end of the year AGAIN (and I know they had some injuries last year but many teams go through that)......if they don't make the playoffs this year I'd can him so fast it would make your head spin. The pieces are there; something just is not right and IMO a coaching change might be the answer. Why take another chance on him again next year? I like the guy and hope they make the playoffs but at the moment I would not bet on it that's for sure.

Yeo's a nice guy....comes off very reserved and knowledgeable, does well with the interviews I will admit that.....but if I owned the team, spent that kind of money on players, had them winning, and then they tank at end of the year AGAIN (and I know they had some injuries last year but many teams go through that)......if they don't make the playoffs this year I'd can him so fast it would make your head spin. The pieces are there; something just is not right and IMO a coaching change might be the answer. Why take another chance on him again next year? I like the guy and hope they make the playoffs but at the moment I would not bet on it that's for sure.

The guy came into this season with a completely new lineup. The roster turnover was tremendous, and he did all of that with a total of 1 week of preseason, and how many practices since? While maybe getting rid of him is the right answer, I just don't see the justification in it right now. They've got bigger problems to address than the coach, and that starts on defense.

I think all professional sports should mandate all coaches who don't make the playoffs be fired after every season. Maybe give the team an option to fire the coaches of teams who just barely make the playoffs or back into the playoffs. Also all GM's are automatically fired after 5 seasons if they don't reach the championship game. We could also work something in there like the fans can bench the coach for one game if they can get 500K sigs. Anyone else have any other ideas?

FIRE EM ALL!!!!!

I think all professional sports should mandate all coaches who don't make the playoffs be fired after every season. Maybe give the team an option to fire the coaches of teams who just barely make the playoffs or back into the playoffs. Also all GM's are automatically fired after 5 seasons if they don't reach the championship game. We could also work something in there like the fans can bench the coach for one game if they can get 500K sigs. Anyone else have any other ideas?

FIRE EM ALL!!!!!

D'okay! Whatever Bear....IMO if we do not make the playoffs with the talent we have combined with last year's collapse Yeo should be replaced. And IMO....your absurdity is senseless.

We are talking about pro's here. They have been taught different systems at every level. It is not that hard to know what your responsibility is on the ice after a month, tops. They are running the same system in Houston. Chemistry takes a little longer. A coach should be able to make adjustments during the game and the players should be able to follow. I had no problem with my players doing that at the peewee and bantam levels so I would expect it too happen at the professional level.

We are talking about pro's here. They have been taught different systems at every level. It is not that hard to know what your responsibility is on the ice after a month, tops. They are running the same system in Houston. Chemistry takes a little longer. A coach should be able to make adjustments during the game and the players should be able to follow. I had no problem with my players doing that at the peewee and bantam levels so I would expect it too happen at the professional level.

yep, and yeo makes zero adjustments during a game. instead we get the likes of the brodziak line taking face offs in the offensive zone following a commercial break. get bent mike yeo.

Really can't understand where people think the wild has all this talent? Brought in 2 top end players, that was it. Didn't improve their goaltending, playing Suter 28-30 min/game shows there lack of talent on D and didn't bring any support players, overrated their forwards and have absolutely no toughness or grit upfront, probably a pretty easy team to play against for opposing D. Hope they make the playoffs but, are were they belong in the standings.

Have to agree with Mule we just aren't that good yet. That mid-season win streak was nice but it probably set the bar too high. I do think we have more talent than we have ever had, however half of that talent is very young and not ready yet. Coyle and Brodin look good, Granlund looks better but isn't ready and Zucker looked really bad the last few games so they are both back in the AHL now, everyone else is unproven. Past our top D pairing we aren't that good either.

I think management thought we had a good shot at the trade deadline (who didn't) but we were already slumping and are trying to get out of this funk. Lets just pray Cullen and Seto can get hot again because if they don't we are toast.

This season does beat the heck out of last year and I suspect next year will be even better.

Quote:
Really can't understand where people think the wild has all this talent? Brought in 2 top end players, that was it.

Exactly why he won't be fired, playoffs or not.

And frankly I find it disturbing that fans and media alike have so much pull in how things are handled these days with coaches and player personal.

I never have or ever will buy into the theory that a coach in any sport has much to do with a teams success or failure.

And to panic barely over a 1/2 season into an 8 or 10 year run here with 2 cornerstone pieces is beyond ridiculous if you ask me.

Think about it, in just this thread alone, collectively we would only have Parise, Suter and Brodin. You guys have just about everyone else shipped out or not up to your expectations. Actually strike that a few of you had Suter s u c k i n g and he was just a throw in piece in order to get Parise. OOOPS!

Go Wild~

When a team goes on a run like the Wild did for a bit, look at the bounces they were getting. Chicago has the talent, but when they get the bounces they blow a team away. It has been a decent season I think. The Wild and any team but Chicago and Pittsburg are going to need the bounces and goaltending on their side.

Wild have played a great 2 periods. Seto is a beast tonight!

I realize I'm a homer but the refs do have to call some of this $h!t. I hope Pomonville isn't hurt bad but I about jumped through the TV by the hit from Brown even before the replay. Refs have let far too many holds and haul downs go.... Oh well.

Looks like the NHL has gone back to the clutch and grab and interference is ok.

TOTALLY AGREE and this is what I hate about the NHL. Hitting is fine but if they would call more of the clutch and grab the game would be much more fun to watch.

Hopefully Brown doesn't get suspended until after the Kings play Detroit.

Hopefully Brown doesn't get suspended until after the Kings play Detroit.

Ding, ding...That would be the worst thing to happen. A) Not call it, and B) Hurt our playoff chances by suspending Brown after the fact.

Hoping Pommer just got dazed like a fighter and is ready to go in a couple days. That was a hard shot to the kisser.

Loved Clutter's game on the 2nd line. One thing I noticed last night was that Brodziak doesn't really know how to throw a check. It looks like he just kinda runs into people.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: fishing tech

Looks like the NHL has gone back to the clutch and grab and interference is ok.

No surprise the Zebra's are in play-off mode as that is what we essentially have here.

I thought the difference last night was coaching... grin

Going to the game Friday I'm kind of hoping we don't have it clinched by then!!!!