• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know why the Wild brass think that Stoner is an Nhl dman?? Clark, Scandella, Connely, hell even Cuma has to be a better option than that jack wagon!! It's like they owe him something! Falk is bad but Stoner is on a whole other level of terrible!!

I just want to know why the Wild brass think that Stoner is an Nhl dman?? Clark, Scandella, Connely, hell even Cuma has to be a better option than that jack wagon!! It's like they owe him something! Falk is bad but Stoner is on a whole other level of terrible!!

Totally Agree. Right now I feel like they have a top 4 in Suter, Brodin, Scandella and maybe Gilbert. After that it seems to drop off the table. This is kind of why the Pominville thing surprises me. I think we need a lot more Dmen help but I guess thats what the offseason might be for.

I agree we need another solid guy on the point, BUT, with solid backchecking forwards it will take a ton of pressure off the D. Still wouldnt solve Stoner's bonehead cross ice pass to a covered D partner.

I wonder if Pominville will dress tonight? A lot of line jockeying around last night to try and figure out some cohesion for when he gets in the lineup.

Hopefully Heatly isnt hurt with that wicked slash.

Man... Bad News Bears on Ice last night.

To me, looked like a team that badly needs a few practices.

Really didn't help that their lines were a jumbled up mess either. They didn't get any kind of consistent zone time until Coyle went back up on the first line...but then that made them short a center. D was a mess most of the night too. Even Suter and Brodin had some bad stretches, and when those two are struggling... bad night all around.

Stoner...oh my. What a terrible game for that kid. Enough to make a guy miss Martin Skoula. He's played some very good games this year, but so, so inconsistent. I think they're kind of stuck with him because they don't have much for left hand shots - Clark is a left shot but usually plays right D I think. Plus Stoner would have to go through waivers to send him down. Maybe with the roster expanded after the deadline they do something like bring Scandella back up, but now with Cullen and Heately hurt they have to bring up a wing instead...Zucker maybe? I dunno. But man o man was Stoner horrific last night.

Hoping to see Pominville in against LA tonight.

Skoula was my first thought about this. How many times can you pass to the other team? Stoner needs a night in the press box to see the game from above. I remember JL did that to Skoula for a couple games and he bounced back really well. Unfortunately for him, by that time the team had made up it's mind.

As for Gilbert, he's not been playing like a top 4 D man lately.

Have to get out of our funk but not looking good, sounds like Cullen is out two weeks and now Heatley might be done for the regular season. Defense looks bad and even Suter had a pretty bad night. Stoner only plays because he is big and sometimes he's not a total liability.

We do need help on D but it won't come this season, team D needs to improve and soon. We are still sitting ok but have a very hard schedule to the playoffs.

The one thing no one ever talks about with Stoner is the guy CANNOT SKATE!!! So when he does screw up (all the time) he doesn't have the wheels to catch anybody from behind and I don't think that I have ever seen anyone get blown by so often and always seem to be out of position in the neutral zone! As for gilbert, I'll cut him some slack for now, he hasn't had a constant partner (first with Stoner UGH, then falk UGH, and then clark and now back to Falk) plus the injury a few weeks ago! I just think that Scandella or Connelly (both lefties) or both should get a shot! They couldn't possibly be any worse than Falk and Stoner! Cullen is quite the catalyst on this team and I hope he gets back sooner than later!! Cannot wait to see the Kaptain Line however!!

Russo said there would be no reason for him to fly to LA if he wasn't starting tonight and it only makes sense that they put him on the top line. Granlund was called up and with Heatley out and when we get Cullen back, I think it will be the best our lines have looked all season right in time for the playoffs.