• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

Koivu is, and has been for awhile, one of the most under rated players in the league. He is an outstanding two way player who leaves it all on the ice every night. There are few guys who match his intensity in my opinion. Adding some top line talent around him is already showing how valuable he is. I hope he never leaves MN.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can get through the western confrence, but when it comes to some of the East teams, they are bigger and more physical than we are. The only way I see us getting by any of them is our speed. Konapka and Rupp will be busy guys if it were to (hopefully) come to that.

I don't think the East would be that bad (except Pitt). As long as we can play a defensive game and slow them down, we would be OK.

Getting past Anaheim and Chi would be tough. Pitt would be tough too. Just too many scoring lines on that team.

Careful poking fun at teams leaving, we were in the same boat.

Jets games next year should be fun. We'll finally have a couple division rivals in our same time zone! grin

we sold out most games, it was norm green that was the north star killer.

I'm going to the game tonight, can't wait. Haven't seen a game since the Gaborik days! I was frustrated the first part of the season with their scoring challenges, now they have a chance to win every night, I don't think we've ever been able to say that about the Wild.

Not only a rival with the Jets but the Stars too, judging from last nights game they will have some heat between the two of them

Floyd-2007 2008 we had a chance to win every night. It was a while ago, but those were fun seasons getting into the playoffs.

Tonight will be a test for sure. How do we react to a frustrating game (mostly by some questionable calls/noncalls) and not-so-good play the night before. Big opportunity to make a statement tonight.

The wild will be Stanley cup contenders. The fact that they manage to win games even though they are not as sharp as they are in other games is impressive. NHL.com power rankings have the wild at 4th in the league. There has been 5+ close games that should have gone to the wild. If key players like koivu, bouchard, and cullen can step it up, this will be a wild end of the season.

I honestly think those three are giving Backs more confidence in the SO. He's been pretty decent lately in it.

I love Cullen's SO move. Skate in at a lazy speed, keep the puck in the shooting position, wait...wait...wait...hard 5 hole shot along the ice. Every goalie just looks pi$$ed when he scores like that. laugh

Quote:
If key players like koivu, bouchard, and cullen can step it up, this will be a wild end of the season.

I think Cullen and Koivu have stepped it up. PMB on the other hand is just taking up space and he is too small and weak and it shows.

I'm going to hold to my preseason prediction and that's that we squeak into teh playoofs and are one and done to Anaheim, Van or Chi. And I couldn't be happier if that happens after the last few seasons.

If we face VAN in the playoffs, my money is on us. ANA and CHI, that's tough, but I think we can play with nyone right now.

PMB has stepped it up, but IMO we would be better off with a young gun in that role.